Speculation: Cammalleri Possible Extension

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Im not sure we can get what Hudler is worth to us on the trade market. I don't think Cammy fits on the team anymore. I think it's best for us and him if we move him at the deadline.

Hudler @2 million for three more season should in theory get an absolute ransom. In theory.

I'm not convinced this isn't Burke playing hardball with other GM's.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Personally I'd rather move Cammy and keep and Huds. Hudler is way less injury prone, provides what Cammy does (minus the one timer) and makes less money. Ultimately though, there isn't a big difference between the 2. Move whichever one brings the best return. I just can't see both staying here beyond this year.

Goflames3

Jan 25, 2013
i feel we need to move cammy, he has been soft every since we traded iggy and only shows up 1/2 games. hudler has been playing well this year because it is the olympic year and since he didn't get picked, he's been slacking every since

May 27, 2012
Earth
i feel we need to move cammy, he has been soft every since we traded iggy and only shows up 1/2 games. hudler has been playing well this year because it is the olympic year and since he didn't get picked, he's been slacking every since

I don't think that was the reason. The whole team was slumping... :shakehead

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

You should do yourself a favor and watch the game he played after not being named to the team.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
If he gets re-signed it won't be long term. Something like 1 year 5mil just so they can trade him again. I can see that happening because there are a lot of scorers on the block so Cammy's value could've fallen back. Maybe just 1 year so they can trade him at the draft of in the offseason if someone has a dissapointing FA or even at next years trade deadline and hope his value goes up becaue he scores more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad