Confirmed with Link: Cameron Gaunce to Dallas for Tomas Vincour

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
So Avs get rid of a guy apparently not liked by Sacco and Stars get rid of a guy not liked by the Stars head coach. Seems like both players needed a change of scenery.

Blue Suede Shoes

hound dog
May 5, 2012
I'm not sure what you're saying...because when I just go to "hfboards.com" I get to see all of the Forums and Sub Forums for the teams.

So if he sees the "Colorado Avalanche" forum and sees that a thread was created here, why would he assume that we were talking about the Vancouver Gaunce?

If he's referring to the MAIN Trade Forum, well we have no control over that.

So I'm a bit confused

Yeah like he said I meant the home page for hfboards which shows all 30 teams, and shows a single thread per each division. But NBD. And thanks.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Quinn has seen both Gaunce and Vincour play quite a bit. Wonder if Avs involved him in the process here.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Attempted this move on NHL13, Dallas wouldn't even do the deal with a 2nd added, EA really needs to fix the trading in the game :facepalm:

Jeff_Dyck_#1

Est. MMII
Apr 11, 2005
HF since 1998
Gaunce is much better than our organization perceived him to be. He was regularly stuck behind inferior defensemen in every aspect of the game. His defensive game has improved considerably and while plus/minus isn't the greatest statistic, it is indicative when the guy finishes a season +21 and the next closest D is a +3. He is defensively sound, solid first pass, can skate and is just a good two-way defenseman. Always liked him since he captained the Majors here, really hope he gets a shot in Big D.

Gaunce sucks at being dman on pro level.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Gaunce sucks at being dman on pro level.

I don't know about that, I've got a feeling he'll be a regular soon enough. I'm not saying top 4 necessarily but at least he'll get a shot at a bottom pairing.

This kinda seems similar to the Boychuk deal. Both guys were better than a lot of the crap that got regular minutes for the AVs but for whatever reason the team just signs vets instead of promoting defensive/physical D from inside the organization. They bring up the puck movers but not the stay at home guys.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't know about that, I've got a feeling he'll be a regular soon enough. I'm not saying top 4 necessarily but at least he'll get a shot at a bottom pairing.

This kinda seems similar to the Boychuk deal. Both guys were better than a lot of the crap that got regular minutes for the AVs but for whatever reason the team just signs vets instead of promoting defensive/physical D from inside the organization. They bring up the puck movers but not the stay at home guys.

Could be similar to the Nigel Williams deal as well. We will see in a couple seasons. At worst I think we traded a bottom pairing guy for a AHL player. At best we got a bottom 6 player for a AHL defensemen. Either way there isn't a huge risk.

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007

Reminded me of the Boychuk deal too. I can see some team, be it the Stars or not, that gives him the time in the AHL and brings him up in a small role, then he'll just be a main stay before anyone knows it.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
So Avs get rid of a guy apparently not liked by Sacco and Stars get rid of a guy not liked by the Stars head coach. Seems like both players needed a change of scenery.

I think there's that and also the fact that Gaunce would need to battle with Barrie, Elliott and Siemens for a spot in a lineup that already has EJ and Hejda along with decent bottom pairing guys like Wilson and O'Brien. Just no room for him.

As far as depth on RW, who do we have? Luke Walker? Garrett Meurs? We're pretty thin on the right side for a team expected to part with Kobasew, perhaps maybe even David Jones and will likely have Hejuk retiring as well.

Gaunce may end up as a bottom pairing d-man in Dallas but he'll certainly need to improve his foot speed.

Of course. :sarcasm:

Lol...that's just so Dater!! Was the Wifi not working on the plane or was it because of his ancient rotary cellphone? :laugh:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Of course. :sarcasm:

@adater: Gaunce a character kid, just needs chance. Tough to break into Avs' high powered D

Why does every one of his tweets have to be snarky? Obviously he wasn't good enough to break into our "high powered d". Really wish someone else covered the Avs.

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
@adater: Gaunce a character kid, just needs chance. Tough to break into Avs' high powered D

Why does every one of his tweets have to be snarky? Obviously he wasn't good enough to break into our "high powered d". Really wish someone else covered the Avs.

Every damn time.
He's just a negative Nancy.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013

I personally got a chuckle. It's was avs and high powered d. Most preposterous Oxy moron ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad