Cam Talbot, 3 shutouts in 7 starts, NYR as a team has 8 already

RangersOwnNewYork*

If we're comparing recent Cups by both teams, I guess you're onto something.

I'm comparing recent playoff experience and playoff series wins, both of which the Isles have very little to nothing of.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
I'm comparing recent playoff experience and playoff series wins, both of which the Isles have very little to nothing of.

Do they still give credit for those this coming spring?

It's not ridiculous for him to have the opinion that he has. It's not ridiculous to have the opinion that you do.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Rangers may very well be better than the Islanders, but the reason being because they just beat the Canes?
Plus we keep hearing about injuries, which team has lost more man games to injuries?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They have 8 shutouts and are 11th in the NHL in GA/GP? That's weird.

After 24 games we had 6 shutouts and our GA in the other 18 games was up around 4. It was feast or famine. We were 23rd in GA with a shutout in a quarter of our games. It was nuts.

Recently, we've just been good in general, which is why we're all the way up to 11th.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Having both Hank and Talbot in my pool is netting me about one shutout per week. :laugh:

Nice to see him doing well.

RangersOwnNewYork*

They have 8 shutouts and are 11th in the NHL in GA/GP? That's weird.

That's because earlier in the year the defense had a ton of injuries and was atrocious. They gave up something like 20 goals in a 4 game stretch. They are now healthy and playing much better.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Plus we keep hearing about injuries, which team has lost more man games to injuries?

Our injuries were to Stepan and McDonagh. If the Islanders missed Tavares and Boychuk for a 3rd of the season, please in enlighten me, because I don't recall.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Pretty sad picture isn't it?

Yeah. I couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 at the time, but I vividly remember the Dan Blackburn desktop background I downloaded for the family PC on Windows 98. Only had to suffer through a few seasons of Mike Dunham before Lundqvist came onto the scene.

RangersOwnNewYork*

Rangers may very well be better than the Islanders, but the reason being because they just beat the Canes?

It has nothing to do with beating the canes. This thread was about the rangers having 8 SO so far this year which is 25% of their games which is nuts. I hate the Isles but I think they are a very good team. We really won't know which team is better until they meet in the playoffs which I hope happens this year.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Our injuries were to Stepan and McDonagh. If the Islanders missed Tavares and Boychuk for a 3rd of the season, please in enlighten me, because I don't recall.

Islanders missed their top 3 dmen for like 3 weeks. Grabner has been out for all but 2 games.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
It has nothing to do with beating the canes. This thread was about the rangers having 8 SO so far this year which is 25% of their games which is nuts. I hate the Isles but I think they are a very good team. We really won't know which team is better until they meet in the playoffs which I hope happens this year.

I think if both Rangers goalies stay healthy the Rangers are the better team.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yeah. I couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 at the time, but I vividly remember the Dan Blackburn desktop background I downloaded for the family PC on Windows 98. Only had to suffer through a few seasons of Mike Dunham before Lundqvist came onto the scene.

The feels. :(

RangersOwnNewYork*

I think if both Rangers goalies stay healthy the Rangers are the better team.

It pains me to say this but I'm really not sure, lol. I think both teams are very good. I do think the rangers would have an edge in the playoffs because they have gone deep recently and have lots of experience and the playoffs are just a different animal than the regular season. The rangers have to make it in first, which I think they will, then we will see.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
What are you laughing at? Oh that's right the Isles are going to win the cup or did they win it already after 32 games? I really, really hope these teams meet in the playoffs.

No he's laughing at your "historic", franchise that only has one championship since FDR's legs stopped working.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
It pains me to say this but I'm really not sure, lol. I think both teams are very good. I do think the rangers would have an edge in the playoffs because they have gone deep recently and have lots of experience and the playoffs are just a different animal than the regular season. The rangers have to make it in first, which I think they will, then we will see.

Nah, goaltending depth is the most important thing I think. So far this season Halak = Hank, but Cam >>>> Chad. Literally every single time CJ plays he gives up 4-5 goals... his SV% is .869! That matters alot. I think if Halak gets seriously hurt isles dont even make the playoffs.
I dont think playoff experience means anything. All the Islanders players have playoff experience and they brought it against Pitt.
Goaltending is really important and the Rangers would likely go into the playoffs witb the best tandom in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad