Cam Talbot, 3 shutouts in 7 starts, NYR as a team has 8 already

RangersOwnNewYork*

No he's laughing at your "historic", franchise that only has one championship since FDR's legs stopped working.

Oh is that it. I thought it might have been the Isles historic run of 21 years of zero playoff series wins and the last decade of being an absolute train wreck of an organization. Thanks for clearing that up.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
I just want to see the Rangers and Isles face each other in the playoffs this season...oh what fun it will be !!

The Perfect Paradox

Beyond Good and Evil
Aug 16, 2007
New York
No he's laughing at your "historic", franchise that only has one championship since FDR's legs stopped working.

A baby born the same year the Islanders last won a playoff series can legally drink in the United States and is (likely) a few months away from graduating college.

Pot, meet kettle.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I just want to see the Rangers and Isles face each other in the playoffs this season...oh what fun it will be !!
That would be epic and it´s what´s gonna happen in R1. I don´t see how that doesn´t happen. Pittsburgh will win Metro and Washington is not good enough to keep up with the New Yorks.. It´s gonna happen :yo:

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
That would be epic and it´s what´s gonna happen in R1. I don´t see how that doesn´t happen. Pittsburgh will win Metro and Washington is not good enough to keep up with the New Yorks.. It´s gonna happen :yo:

Isles would need to trade for Zach Parise

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Rangers may very well be better than the Islanders, but the reason being because they just beat the Canes?
Plus we keep hearing about injuries, which team has lost more man games to injuries?

This isn't a thread saying the Rangers are good because they beat the Canes.

The thread is acknowledging Talbot's shut outs and speaking about the Rangers solid defensive play. A poster (a canadiens fan?) said the Rangers are better than the Islanders.

Nowhere did anyone say "the Rangers are better than the Islanders as evidenced by their recent win over the last place Hurricanes."

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
This isn't a thread saying the Rangers are good because they beat the Canes.

The thread is acknowledging Talbot's shut outs and speaking about the Rangers solid defensive play. A poster (a canadiens fan?) said the Rangers are better than the Islanders.

Nowhere did anyone say "the Rangers are better than the Islanders as evidenced by their recent win over the last place Hurricanes."

True.

Whats the Rangers team record for most SO in a season?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
They are going to destroy that record

They're on pace for over 20 I believe, which is pretty crazy considering the injuries to the defense to start the season. I mean, the D is just finally coming along back towards the normal standard they'r usually at and they already have 8 shutouts. I'd like to think they can pick up 6 more in 51 games with the defense healthy and playing well.

Faax

Mar 12, 2013
Just the way the game is played now, any goalie can put up great numbers as the imprtanc eof the position has rapidly diminished given the increase in equipment size, goalie size, and shot blocking

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Just the way the game is played now, any goalie can put up great numbers as the imprtanc eof the position has rapidly diminished given the increase in equipment size, goalie size, and shot blocking

So we'll just ignore that a backup, in 7 games, has 3 shutouts. Yeah, that seems like it happens all the time.

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
Say what you want but when he becomes a full time starter in this league he will be a very good goalie. Love him as a backup on the Rangers but hes a VERY good goalie regardless of the fact that hes a backup.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I love how a thread about a ridiculously impressive/unlikely stat for a backup goalie turns into another Islanders "look at us" thread. Give it a rest fellas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad