Cam Talbot, 3 shutouts in 7 starts, NYR as a team has 8 already

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
the rangers for whatever reason play tighter in front of him defensively than when henke is in net but talbots played very well and under control. the first couple starts he was a bit loose with his technique and movements.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think it's 3 shutouts, still great. He does get the easier games last two years. I'm not only talking about the competition, the team just plays solid D with him in net.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
He has only 3 shutouts this season including tonight

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I think it's 3 shutouts, still great. He does get the easier games last two years. I'm not only talking about the competition, the team just plays solid D with him in net.
Well, that´s right.. The TV showed it wrong after the game, not my fault :laugh: That said, he replaced Lundqvist after 35 minutes in Toronto and made 12 saves in that game without allowing a goal. Not 4 shutouts, though. I have to correct it now.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Well, that´s right.. The TV showed it wrong after the game, not my fault :laugh: That said, he replaced Lundqvist after 35 minutes in Toronto and made 12 saves in that game without allowing a goal. Not 4 shutouts, though. I have to correct it now.

he came in relief against toronto and didnt give up a goal. prob where the confusion came from.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Actually, prior to tonight's game, Talbot's average opponent in starts was 0.09 goals above average (Lundqvist's was +0.08).
Well, he had 2 shutouts vs Philly and now this one. Philly´s a team that can´t beat the Rangers. He´s good but the Rangers will never play him against the teams like NYI or PIT. That´s what I was thinking.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Top 3 defense in the league when healthy.

6 wins in a row and the goalies barely had to do anything.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Yeah, Talbot actually has a glove hand.

It was a bad joke. I was trying to think of Ranger backups and the first name that came to mind was Cloutier although he was actually a starter at times. I always thought he sucked too.

I agree that Talbot is terrific.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
It was a bad joke. I was trying to think of Ranger backups and the first name that came to mind was Cloutier although he was actually a starter at times. I always thought he sucked too.

I agree that Talbot is terrific.

My post was a joke, too.

160427326_2b53b2de37.jpg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So he joins the likes of great names like Troy Grosenick and Al Montoya as goaltenders that have shut out the Hurricanes this year. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad