NFL: Cam Newton tested positive and is on the COVID-19 list - NE @ KC moved to Monday

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
This is why I decided not to do fantasy this year. Someone gets the virus and it has a big impact on the week. This game looked like the game of the week on paper. Now in a blink of an eye, it’s not.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Oh boy, with the 2nd wave starting to build across the US I have a feeling we are going to be seeing a lot more of these. Goodell better have his contingency plans ready to go.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh boy, with the 2nd wave starting to build across the US I have a feeling we are going to be seeing a lot more of these. Goodell better have his contingency plans ready to go.
This is still a first wave for us. The second wave has begun in Europe.

My guess is that there really is no actual contingency plan other than working around the one bye week and then tacking games on to the end of the season. We could already see that in the schedule.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Worth noting also, the Patriots plane did not leave yet.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
This is still a first wave for us. The second wave has begun in Europe.

My guess is that there really is no actual contingency plan other than working around the one bye week and then tacking games on to the end of the season. We could already see that in the schedule.
Agreed. If more teams have outbreaks, the league is going to be screwed. The schedule can’t accommodate much more shuffling.

Hopefully, this week will be a wake up call to everyone to get serious about wearing a mask.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed. If more teams have outbreaks, the league is going to be screwed. The schedule can’t accommodate much more shuffling.

Hopefully, this week will be a wake up call to everyone to get serious about wearing a mask.
This is only truly a crisis if more positive tests come in, even though it should be taken more seriously than that.

If this game gets nixed, looking at the schedule, it looks much harder to move around as well. The Patriots bye is Week 6 and KC isn't until Week 10

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
This is why I decided not to do fantasy this year. Someone gets the virus and it has a big impact on the week. This game looked like the game of the week on paper. Now in a blink of an eye, it’s not.

It's actually making it better for me because depth on your team is so important now. Guys that don't do well with transactions are going to struggle and I love scouring the waiver wire for good pickups.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Can't say I blame you. I probably foolishly started a couple of deep dynasty leagues this year but you can't really know in June what shit's gonna be like in October.

It's actually making it better for me because depth on your team is so important now. Guys that don't do well with transactions are going to struggle and I love scouring the waiver wire for good pickups.

I'm fine with this mentality in my ten-team single season league, it's just the deeper ones where you're up a creek.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Yeah and you don't have the advantage you do in baseball of geographic containment (one postponement only affected ten teams with the restricted schedules as opposed to thirty-two).

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Can't say I blame you. I probably foolishly started a couple of deep dynasty leagues this year but you can't really know in June what shit's gonna be like in October.

I'm fine with this mentality in my ten-team single season league, it's just the deeper ones where you're up a creek.

Yeah but right not it's just like additional bye weeks. I'm going against Mahomes this week so if this game gets PPD....I'll be happy.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The game could still end up being cancelled, Titans/Steelers was originally going to just be delayed too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I bet you they don’t play this week

You can't bet against it that's for sure.

The Titans had 1 positive, which they knew about before the team left last week, and we're 9 days into them getting positive tests.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad