Cam Janssen

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
Or St. Clair, Or Robertsville, or Union, Or Valley Park. Eureka is mostly middle class suburbs considering a lot of the people including myself live in a neighborhood that has its own private golf course.

You live in the Legions? Fancy.
As to the tractors to homecoming/prom, I had a tractor as a decoration at my wedding. Granted I grew up on a farm in Villa Ridge so it's in my blood.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
There seems to be a lot of incorrect usage of the word redneck in this thread. You are all describing hoosiers more than redneck IMO, at least in terms of those places that are within 50 or so miles of St. Louis

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Hoosiers are from Indiana, I know this, because I have a large amount of Hoosiers relatives in Indiana. We down here prefer redneck or hick.

Now I question whether you really are from St. Louis or are an imposter. A true St. Louisan would be able to appropriately use the word hoosier.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
You live in the Legions? Fancy.
As to the tractors to homecoming/prom, I had a tractor as a decoration at my wedding. Granted I grew up on a farm in Villa Ridge so it's in my blood.

Legends, and yea. But I just recently moved from the middle of the woods to here.

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
KirkOut;106127g687 said:
Now I question whether you really are from St. Louis or are an imposter. A true St. Louisan would be able to appropriately use the word hoosier.

I've grown up here all my life, but with the mass amount of family.in Indiana, I see what hoosier really is. We're rednecks out here.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
You know it is the middle of August when a Cam Janssen thread can garner 32 posts and counting.

:popcorn:

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Yes but people from Missouri often refer to rednecks as "hoosiers." It originated years ago when Missourians began to use the term "hoosier" in a derogatory manner towards those from Indiana, but now it has sort of evolved into a term referring to those who are redneck or veer from the norm. :dunno:Honestly I don't even really know what it is specifically supposed to refer to, but I call people hoosiers all the time (and I'm not referring to people from Indiana). That is a completely separate type of hoosier. If you are from St Louis then you know what I'm talking about.

Kiev the Great

Aug 21, 2014
Exactly.

Meanwhile, I know Cam, quality guy. Good community guy. Idk how competitive the UK league is, but I'd be he scores at least two goals this season.

Definitely. Biznasty played 11 games during the shut-out for a team over here and got 21 pts!!! Although the league is probably a bit stronger now.

You know it is the middle of August when a Cam Janssen thread can garner 32 posts and counting.

:popcorn:

Happy to keep your occupied over the summer.

:laugh:

Don't worry, the hockey will be back soon!

Great attitude and hustle...zero skill. Should be fine for that league though.

I imagine he will. He's not been brought over to be a points scorer, he is our tough guy/enforcer. So all points are bonuses

Is this that UK league that calls itself a "hockey" league but just about every other game there are bench-clearing brawls and every game has like 5-10 fights?

Not sure you can call that hockey.

Nottingham Panthers is a cool name for a hockey team though. Would be better if they were called the Nottingham Sherriff's :D

It's not like that, at least not anymore, although the best watched videos of the league here are either a bench clearance between Nottingham and their biggest rivals which apparently at one point held therecord for most PiMs in a match or where a player gets 67 PiMs in 1 call by headhunting and then spearing, chucking his helmet at someone wanting a fight (gets him in the face) and then fighting.

It's now a much better league and is sanitizing the game just like in the NHL. The panthers took part in last years Champions League of Hockey and recorded a win against the German league champions (which shows it's getting much more respectable) but one the other hand got torn new ones by the Scandnavian teams (lost 10-1 and 9-1 to the eventual winners).

Also yes Sheriffs would be better, or outlaws, or something to do with Nottingham! Incidentally no-one actually knows why they are called the Panthers? They decided the name in 1939 but WW2 happened before they played and come 1946 and restarting it, the name stuck but no one knew where it came from!

It's a perfect fit for Janssen. Maybe we can ship off Ott over to the UK.... :yo:

I like this suggestion. It helps everyone!!! :(

You've clearly never been to Eureka :laugh:. Our chant against them in high school basketball was "start your tractors *clap clap clap-clap-clap*"

This sidetrack made me LOL, because where I was born in the UK has this reputation, so much so that the Football (soccer) team adopted the insults and are now the "Tractor Boys"! Better than the reputation of our rivals and northern neighbours though, they have a reputation as sister bothering, trophy dodgers!

And just for fun, some youtube videos of the league:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpUHG_ngk5c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioyQi-rb1DM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvcZ9QO1Kjg (go to 5:40 for the dirty play which got the video 340k hits as opposed to the usual 5-10k)

Last edited:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Yes but people from Missouri often refer to rednecks as "hoosiers." It originated years ago when Missourians began to use the term "hoosier" in a derogatory manner towards those from Indiana, but now it has sort of evolved into a term referring to those who are redneck or veer from the norm. :dunno:Honestly I don't even really know what it is specifically supposed to refer to, but I call people hoosiers all the time (and I'm not referring to people from Indiana). That is a completely separate type of hoosier. If you are from St Louis then you know what I'm talking about.

I know, right? I thought this was common knowledge among locals. If somebody rolled up to prom on a tractor, I would remark what a hoos' they were

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
No shame in my redneck roots. I don't farm, but my wife and I do garden and jar our own foods.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Like you said, only a true St Louisan would understand the word "hoosier" as a reference to all things redneck

i actually don't agree. i think of hoosier as more of people who live in at least some kind of town or city, but some or many of their redneck or white trash ways remain. Like I wouldn't call a farmer in central missouri a hoosier, though he might well be a redneck.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Okay, I definitely need a hoosier checklist.

You had one job, Foxworthy. One ****ing job...

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
i actually don't agree. i think of hoosier as more of people who live in at least some kind of town or city, but some or many of their redneck or white trash ways remain. Like I wouldn't call a farmer in central missouri a hoosier, though he might well be a redneck.

Right I should have clarified. I think hoosiers are people who live within the metropolitan area, but like you said, maintain their white trash/hickish ways.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Phew. Thank goodness I drive a station wagon.

(yes, seriously)

Do you ever park the station wagon on your front lawn, leave the CD player on with Lynyrd Skynyrd blasting while sitting right by it in lawn chairs with your buddies drinking Stag?

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Do you ever park the station wagon on your front lawn, leave the CD player on with Lynyrd Skynyrd blasting while sitting right by it in lawn chairs with your buddies drinking Stag?

No, but I do have a tire swing and tow strap (for swinging) on a tree in the front yard.

Yard nazi across the street...Refrigerator on the porch of a house catty corner from me. Quite the diverse? surroundings. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad