Cam Janssen

Kiev the Great

Aug 21, 2014
Hey Guys,

I've been watching the Blues for a few years (and lurking on here), but I live in the UK, and the club I watch in the UK (Nottingham Panthers) has just signed a certain Mr Janssen who left the blues just before I started following, but obviously he played a load here between stays in NJ.

I just wanted to get some perspective about him as a player and his attitude. The Elite League in the UK is probably on a par with ECHL but with some AHLers and former NHLers thrown into the mix, so skill wise shouldn't be a problem, but what's his attitude like? Is he a blood and guts, leave it on the ice guy or lazy? That's usually the biggest factor when big names (comparatively) come over here, if they want it they can smash the league wracking up points for fun. If they are just wanting a paycheque or a Uni deal (They give away places to study an MBA at the local university to help entice people over), then it's a waste of money and an import slot.

So what is he like?

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
In St. Louis, he was used almost exclusively as an "enforcer," a fighter.

He is small as NHL fighter go, but extremely willing to fight all comers, big and small.

He has decent straight ahead speed on the ice.

He was a fan favorite here because he is from the State of Missouri. He is from a small city named Eureka. Its very surprising that a man could grow up in the Ozarks and become a player in the NHL.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Great personality. Not so great hockey player. He can be fun to watch those because when he does have his one shift a game he tries to make the most of it.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Lol Janssen.....

2dhbfrn.jpg

136134325638571251.GIF

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL

He is small as NHL fighter go, but extremely willing to fight all comers, big and small.

He was a fan favorite here because he is from the State of Missouri. He is from a small city named Eureka. Its very surprising that a man could grow up in the Ozarks and become a player in the NHL.

Uh, Eureka is a suburb of St Louis not in the Ozarks

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri

Renard, where are you from?? You obviously don't know anything about Missouri. Eureka is just outside of St. Louis. Those of us from other parts of
Missouri consider it almost part of St. Louis. We go there to visit Six Flags amusement park, but it is the same trip as visiting St. Louis. Many miles from the Ozarks!!!

417blues

Aug 1, 2012
Springfield
Janssen was a hometown favorite because he personified the Blues at that time: deeply committed to leading the league in major penalties

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Cam Janssen threw pucks to my son about half the time we went to games and stood by the glass during warmups. I really appreciate him doing that.

I also recall one time when apparently he won the shoutout contest in practice and Murray was supposed to out the winner in the next shoutout. He didn't do it, but I wish he would have.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
You've clearly never been to Eureka :laugh:. Our chant against them in high school basketball was "start your tractors *clap clap clap-clap-clap*"

I live in Gray Summit, about 10 miles from Eureka, and Eureka is the least hick area this side of Fenton. you want hick? Try Pacific or Catawissa.

I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to hicks, considering I am one.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
I live in Gray Summit, about 10 miles from Eureka, and Eureka is the least hick area this side of Fenton. you want hick? Try Pacific or Catawissa.

Lol I always laugh at all the people in denial when they grew up and live in Missouri, we're all at least part redneck.

--

Jansen is a really nice guy who does really mean things on the ice. None of them will involve the puck though. I guess in a lesser league he could be pretty good at screening goalies and drawing defenders but that's about it in the offensive zone.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Lol I always laugh at all the people in denial when they grew up and live in Missouri, we're all at least part redneck.

--

Jansen is a really nice guy who does really mean things on the ice. None of them will involve the puck though. I guess in a lesser league he could be pretty good at screening goalies and drawing defenders but that's about it in the offensive zone.
Can confirm, many rednecks in this state. Especially south of 70.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
You guys think you know hick. :laugh:

How many tractors were driven to homecoming and/or prom?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Is this that UK league that calls itself a "hockey" league but just about every other game there are bench-clearing brawls and every game has like 5-10 fights?

Not sure you can call that hockey.

Nottingham Panthers is a cool name for a hockey team though. Would be better if they were called the Nottingham Sherriff's :D

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
You mean south of 44? Pretty much all of St Louis is south of 70....

South county is as redneck as it gets.... Everything west of the MO river is also pretty redneck.
I kind of meant 70 as far as the whole state goes (should've clarified, my bad). But as for St. Louis, you're correct that it's mainly south of 44.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Is this that UK league that calls itself a "hockey" league but just about every other game there are bench-clearing brawls and every game has like 5-10 fights?

Nottingham Panthers is a cool name for a hockey team though. Would be better if they were called the Nottingham Sherriff's :D

It's a perfect fit for Janssen. Maybe we can ship off Ott over to the UK.... :yo:

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado

Or St. Clair, Or Robertsville, or Union, Or Valley Park. Eureka is mostly middle class suburbs considering a lot of the people including myself live in a neighborhood that has its own private golf course.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

So much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad