Cam Janssen

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I knew you Lethilosians would yield before my superior geographic knowledge.

You're referring to the Salem Plateau which in turn refers to the groundwater aquifers of St. Francois and Ozark. The most north-eastern point they use for collection and measurement is in fact Eureka.
They like to throw in "Ozark Foothills" so people can say they see it, but it's pretty much all centered around an aquifier nobody can really see.

please tell me more

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Sure!
Imagine a big bunch of old rocks sitting above a couple of big lakes of water.
Eureka may or may not be over the top of this particular section of old rocks.

I'd go more in detail but it involves science and stuff and we don't have a history of that sort of thing on this board.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Sure!
Imagine a big bunch of old rocks sitting above a couple of big lakes of water.
Eureka may or may not be over the top of this particular section of old rocks.

I'd go more in detail but it involves science and stuff and we don't have a history of that sort of thing on this board.

that is ridiculous. everyone knows rocks (unlike churches, witches, and ducks) sink in water, unless or course they are very small

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
that is ridiculous. everyone knows rocks (unlike churches, witches, and ducks) sink in water, unless or course they are very small

Ordinarily yes, but these rocks once had lead in them, thus giving them floating properties.
Science, you understand.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
He is completely bemused, and not really sure how a thread about a former player consists of 90% geography and 10% hockey!

:help:
I imagine it's because everything that could be said about Janssen was said in the first few posts. Couple that with the fact that we're in the dog days of the off season.....and this is the result you get lol.

Kiev the Great

Aug 21, 2014
I imagine it's because everything that could be said about Janssen was said in the first few posts. Couple that with the fact that we're in the dog days of the off season.....and this is the result you get lol.

Well I've learnt a bit of geography, and what a Hoosier is so I've not wasted my time at least.

On a tangent, I also learnt that Janssen was recommended to the club by Brock Wilson, a former Panther and now a Blues u16 coach.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Well I've learnt a bit of geography, and what a Hoosier is so I've not wasted my time at least.

On a tangent, I also learnt that Janssen was recommended to the club by Brock Wilson, a former Panther and now a Blues u16 coach.
I've always liked rooting for hometown guys, so I hope he can be useful to them!

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
You've clearly never been to Eureka :laugh:. Our chant against them in high school basketball was "start your tractors *clap clap clap-clap-clap*"

LOL, Guess I grew up in redneck Missouri. Used to have a hard time hearing our high school coaches in track and baseball during spring planting season. Some of the smartest people I know are from rural areas. Seem a lot smarter than the people I see from urban, St. Louis on the news regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiev the Great

Aug 21, 2014
1 Month in, looking good

Just thought I'd make this post before the real season starts when it won't be seen amongst half-asset GDTs and Paryarko worship.

Janssen is an awesome guy. A goal and an assist in 7 games might be counted as a failure for a big name import over here, but that unquantifiable "energy" is fantastic. He gets the crowd going and his teammates too. He hits like a freight train but I must admit it is almost better seeing the opposition coughing up pucks because they're terrified of what awaits them.

He also has filled the role of enforcer perfectly by having the leagues toughest tough guys wanting nothing to do with him and stopping the teams issue of being bullied which was all to common. All without dropping the mitts and taking just 4 Pims (both roughing, 1 where the other guy elbowed him after the whistle first and 1 where someone's mouth started to write a cheque their fists couldn't cash, but saw sense at the last second and hugged Cam so he couldn't unload).

Interview about his early career, growing up watching the Blues, and how he's settling in here. First 14 minutes is all Cam, middle is cringe worthy, end is a bit more Cam, but the first half is most interesting.

https://youtu.be/VwbEIh-W2ZE

First goal and the post game salute which he seemed to love. (Watch from 7:30)

https://youtu.be/N8-0MTsbvjs

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Just thought I'd make this post before the real season starts when it won't be seen amongst half-asset GDTs and Paryarko worship.

Janssen is an awesome guy. A goal and an assist in 7 games might be counted as a failure for a big name import over here, but that unquantifiable "energy" is fantastic. He gets the crowd going and his teammates too. He hits like a freight train but I must admit it is almost better seeing the opposition coughing up pucks because they're terrified of what awaits them.

He also has filled the role of enforcer perfectly by having the leagues toughest tough guys wanting nothing to do with him and stopping the teams issue of being bullied which was all to common. All without dropping the mitts and taking just 4 Pims (both roughing, 1 where the other guy elbowed him after the whistle first and 1 where someone's mouth started to write a cheque their fists couldn't cash, but saw sense at the last second and hugged Cam so he couldn't unload).

Interview about his early career, growing up watching the Blues, and how he's settling in here. First 14 minutes is all Cam, middle is cringe worthy, end is a bit more Cam, but the first half is most interesting.

https://youtu.be/VwbEIh-W2ZE

First goal and the post game salute which he seemed to love. (Watch from 7:30)

https://youtu.be/N8-0MTsbvjs

Watched the first interview and the highlights from the second video. Good job, Cam is a hockey god in England, lol. Not getting UK's best athletes in that sport. Remember playing Rugby against some good English teams back in the day. 2nd Para Regimental team and the Royal Engineers. They killed us and you didn't want to get into a punchup with those boys, lol.

Kiev the Great

Aug 21, 2014
Watched the first interview and the highlights from the second video. Good job, Cam is a hockey god in England, lol. Not getting UK's best athletes in that sport. Remember playing Rugby against some good English teams back in the day. 2nd Para Regimental team and the Royal Engineers. They killed us and you didn't want to get into a punchup with those boys, lol.

To be fair, while everyone loves him, I think we understand the 'limitations' to his game. Our top players all aim for at least a PPG, so he's absolutely nowhere on that front. His workrate is phenomenal though and energy is just infectious. It's always easy to like a guy who leaves everything on the ice though.

Funnily enough my brother-in-law is a mechanic with the Paras (not sure if 2nd or 3rd, but they are in the same garrison) and having met his comrades you are 100% correct, never mess with a para if you value your life and/or your face!

Hadn't seen these before, but he seems to have an ability to be be making ridiculous faces in photographs.

https://twitter.com/PanthersIHC/status/652084213500481536

https://twitter.com/PanthersIHC/status/648479622988959744

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad