Prospect Info: Cam Hillis

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Real happy my boy Hillis is finally healthy and starting to play like I knew he could .

Would really like to see Gallagher take him under his wing next year, he has that fiestiness to his game around the net (see his first goal) but has a real playmaker's touch that Gallagher doesn't have. If he could get stronger physically and play a determined style that Brendan has been able to do, he could be a really good player for us

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Would really like to see Gallagher take him under his wing next year, he has that fiestiness to his game around the net (see his first goal) but has a real playmaker's touch that Gallagher doesn't have. If he could get stronger physically and play a determined style that Brendan has been able to do, he could be a really good player for us
What do you see as his upside? 40-45 pts centerman?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
It's hard to say just yet, I think he'll be on the wing but a I don't know about his NHL upside. I think he has the skills and plays the game the right way but we'll see how it goes for him in Laval next year.
Yeah, its nice to see Hillis producing, he has some interesting passing skills and plays the right way, but we will know more about how he projects after some seasoning in the AHL, should be a very nice addition to Laval though...

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
24 points in 14 games. Over 100 point pace and all that after a really slow start. We may have a gem here.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I’m surprise everytime i remember the kid is 6’. Might be a later bloomer due to his physique! He’s a gritty foward with very decent skills. Being stronger will definitely help his game!

Reactions: TatTar

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
There's only thing who prevents him to produce and to perform at his pace. More specifically, it's when he's a healthy scratch.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
the flood gates have opened! too bad he had that slow start or he would be leading the OHL in assists at least as he's 4 away from the leader, currently tied for 7th OA with 20. Tied for 9th OA in points. If he had 3 more points he would be top 5 in the league.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think any NHL teams have the rights to Pavel Gogolev. I hope we are looking at that kid as he looks to be having great success with Hillis.

True but I looked into the history of top 10 OHL scorers. Only 1 or 2 make it to the NHL in general. And I saw a lot of names like Nick Cousins and Patrick O'Sulivan. Still a huge long shot if we're just looking at the numbers and not watching him play.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
True but I looked into the history of top 10 OHL scorers. Only 1 or 2 make it to the NHL in general. And I saw a lot of names like Nick Cousins and Patrick O'Sulivan. Still a huge long shot if we're just looking at the numbers and not watching him play.

Really ? I'm seeing more around 2-6 per year.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Good point. Guys may have skills, but it depends who they’re playing with too. Sometimes, stats get overblown. Look at Fucale. Ridiculous stats for 2 seasons in the Q. People were thinking he was the second coming. Now he’s languishing in the ECHL.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad