Prospect Info: Cam Hillis

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm interested to see if he can break out and get invited to the winter camp for the WJC's, as I would think he'll play for Team OHL in Nov, so if he has a great start to the season and impresses against the Russians then hopefully it will be enough to at least get an invite, of course making the team would be great.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm interested to see if he can break out and get invited to the winter camp for the WJC's, as I would think he'll play for Team OHL in Nov, so if he has a great start to the season and impresses against the Russians then hopefully it will be enough to at least get an invite, of course making the team would be great.

Talent pool seems weak for Canada, so he should garner some attention if he has a good season.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Suzuki didn't get 100 points in his d+2 season, I guess he's a total bust:sarcasm:

source.gif

Because he had 100 points in his D+1

Reactions: Andrei79

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Meanwhile, Hillis is bone dry to start the season. Not what I was hoping at all :shakehead . Gotta pick it up kid, come on !

Yep, I'm gonna give him a few games to find his pace after being out for essentially the last half of last year.. but after that if he continues to not meet expectations. He won't get a contract.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Hillis is a playmaker first and foremost, so he's going to need his team to score goals. So far only 2 teams in the OHL has scored less goals so that has to change. I plan on seeing him play some time next week when I watch the replay of this Friday's game vs LeGuerrier so we'll see how he looks.
Give us a report or two while you're at it if it's not too much of a bother !

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It wouldn't surprise me if at some point during the season, Hillis is traded.

They traded their #1 goalie Popovich early September for picks. The guy who backstopped them all the way to the OHL Championship and during the Memorial Cup Finals.

A few weeks ago, they traded Hawel to Kitchener.

So I can see them move some bodies out for picks and rebuild. Hillis may not end the year in Guelph.

Jul 6, 2016
Hopefully Allan McShane gonna come out good in that bunch of mid-round picks the Habs picked two years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad