Player Discussion Cam Fowler

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Great player and easier to love when you take him as he is and forget what he could have been.

Reactions: Doothpick

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Great player and easier to love when you take him as he is and forget what he could have been.

This. I have always thought that if he was a 2nd rounder or just a regular 12th overall without the pre-draft hype then he would get a lot more love from Ducks fans.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
This. I have always thought that if he was a 2nd rounder or just a regular 12th overall without the pre-draft hype then he would get a lot more love from Ducks fans.

It's not his draft position, nor his pre draft hype. It's just his toolset, where the sky is the limit.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Gets plenty of love from Ducks fans. You guys have this weird radar that starts going off every time someone criticizes a player. It’s possible to criticize and still love him for what he is

I love him too and always did. I just hoped he would have a little bit of Lindholm in him. Cams toolset is so extraordinary.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Gets plenty of love from Ducks fans. You guys have this weird radar that starts going off every time someone criticizes a player. It’s possible to criticize and still love him for what he is

Is this directed at me? lol

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

He gets a lot less of the ridiculous over the top hate lately but there was a stretch where every little thing he did was completely under the microscope (and had a bunch of people constantly calling him a p***y a la sam steel). If you go back a couple seasons it wasn't criticism, it was a pathology some posters had to rip him for not being physical instead of just appreciating the things he was good at.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He gets a lot less of the ridiculous over the top hate lately but there was a stretch where every little thing he did was completely under the microscope (and had a bunch of people constantly calling him a p***y a la sam steel). If you go back a couple seasons it wasn't criticism, it was a pathology some posters had to rip him for not being physical instead of just appreciating the things he was good at.
He’s a good player, end of story. I’ve always wanted more out of him because he’s capable of it. I don’t rip Nic Deslauriers for being meh because he’s not capable of more. It’s a compliment to Cams skill set if anything.

Althoufh it does appear the system is a reason for his progression

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
If you want it to be sure

Funny.

If you think Cam doesn’t get hate then idk what threads you have been reading. There were people that wanted to expose Cam at the expansion draft. People have talked about “dumping” his contract regularly before this season.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
People used to get pissed at Kariya for avoiding checks.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
I’ve always loved Cam. His draft was the first one I actually watched and cared about. He’s very underrated.
Ditto for me and I can't believe he's about to be 30...

He's always had the skills to be a much more impactful Dman, but not the mentality. I don't think there's been a single time in his career where it was evident he wanted to turn it up and take over a game a la a Duncan Keith or even McDonagh.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Cam is what he is a solid #2 or elite #3. He's definitely been better this season and more tough I think playing with Manson having his back is helping a lot.

Reactions: lwvs84 and DigiDuck
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I have some swagger-enough? meme pictures of Fowler made by yours truly in my picture folder. I think these are at least 3 years old. There were some wild discussions on Fowler and his shortcomings back then.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fowler has 6 goals 25 assists 31 points now in 54 games. He needs 9 points to tie his single season high of his career. Hoping he is able to establish a new season high in points.

If the PP can continue to stay hot (don’t count last night, San Jose has a tough PK) there is a good chance. Eakins continues to run a 1a and 1b PP units so he will get the opportunity. If the PP stays around 25% have no issues with that.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Fowler has 6 goals 25 assists 31 points now in 54 games. He needs 9 points to tie his single season high of his career. Hoping he is able to establish a new season high in points.
Incredible, that's a 47 point pace.
Cam is aging like a wine wine and it has been said by many internal and external experts, but he is massively underrated. He's pretty quiet and just goes about his business, not drawing much attention (outside of charity events where I think he is usually an active participator)

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Incredible, that's a 47 point pace.
Cam is aging like a wine wine and it has been said by many internal and external experts, but he is massively underrated. He's pretty quiet and just goes about his business, not drawing much attention (outside of charity events where I think he is usually an active participator)

After everything it's kind of funny that Cam really is a poor man's Scott Niedermayer, at least the Devils version. The similarities are pretty uncanny.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If we trade Lindholm he will go from #26 in the NHL in TOI to top #15-20 before the season is over.... Poor Cam, Eakins is about to use and abuse you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad