Player Discussion Cam Fowler

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He's not a pylon at all, he's just not great. Same can be said about his offense game.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
People were pointing out in another thread that "dump and chase" counts as a turnover in these stats, and that explains why players like Jones rate poorly. If true, the reverse would apply to Fowler. He excels at getting to the puck before the opposition in our D-zone, and each of those times would count as a takeaway.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
People were pointing out in another thread that "dump and chase" counts as ta turnover in these stats, and that explains why players like Jones rate poorly. If true, the reverse would apply to Fowler. He excels at getting to the puck before the opposition in our D-zone, and each of those times would count as a takeaway.
There is still a ton of value to getting the puck from a dump because the opposition. I love this stat but it really is exactly what cam is best at. If he could only be really good at the other areas of his game.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
People were pointing out in another thread that "dump and chase" counts as a turnover in these stats, and that explains why players like Jones rate poorly. If true, the reverse would apply to Fowler. He excels at getting to the puck before the opposition in our D-zone, and each of those times would count as a takeaway.
Jones definitely turns the puck over way too much.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
FDUeAKyX0AQvHxv

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He’s been really good this season. I think the consistent presence of Manson really helps him, rather than having to carry around a plug who is terrible defensively

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He’s been really good this season. I think the consistent presence of Manson really helps him, rather than having to carry around a plug who is terrible defensively
That as well. And he's been good for a good while now, not just this season.

he has had a bit poorer periods, but not any recently IMO.
Also, I believe Drysdale taking away PP time benefits Fowler as well, just because less pressure.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Don't overlook that the system makes different demands on the D this year. They're supposed to pressure and join the rush all the time. He's good at that. When he's forced into a pure defensive role his instincts are just to circle back and turtle all the time, he uses his skating ability as a crutch. But now he can use it an asset.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think he's gonna finish around 45 to 52 points over 82 games.
If Schultz, Gardiner and Theodore can have a year where they score at a 50+ point pace than so can Cam.

He’s awfully streaky though, they’ve always come in bunches for Cam with large dry spells in between. In 16-17 he started the season on fire with 23 pts his first 33 games, pacing for 57 points. I thought that was the year he was finally going to break out and he limped down the stretch, putting up only 16 his last 47 games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad