Cam Barker retires

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The guy had a lot of skill but he was one of the least aggressive, most laid back, least physical, softest NHL players I have ever seen.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Scored a goal in Gagner's eight-point game.

Best of luck in his future career.

Barker and Sutton.. ugh... what awful D on that team.

Young Petry was also the highest scoring D on that team and a sophomore. Bad times, man.

Reactions: Coffey

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Feels like any time I saw Barker in the NHL I could never understand why he was drafted so high.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
6142631.jpg

And then there were seven...or 11 or 12, depending on how you count it

Reactions: shello

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Feels like any time I saw Barker in the NHL I could never understand why he was drafted so high.

2004 was a weak draft year in general. He stood out as a prospect because of his size and offensive game during that year.
In the nhl he had iq issues. But best of luck to him in the future. Whatever position he has he is a former nhler which really helps.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
The guy had a lot of skill but he was one of the least aggressive, most laid back, least physical, softest NHL players I have ever seen.
He wasn't soft with the hawks. He would step up with a big hit occasionally or fight on another players behalf. Wasn't a bad player better then Jordan Hendry. But we had the opportunity to get rid of his contract as he was making 3 mil a season and better players for that price.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
He wasn't soft with the hawks. He would step up with a big hit occasionally or fight on another players behalf. Wasn't a bad player better then Jordan Hendry. But we had the opportunity to get rid of his contract as he was making 3 mil a season and better players for that price.
Everything I saw of him on the Oilers is the guy had no urgency in his game at all.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

There was another guy who was as dumb as a bag of hammers and seemingly had no personality outside hockey

Honestly almost painful to watch such a casual "shoot the shit" kind of interview

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad