Confirmed with Link: Cam Atkinson traded to PHI for Jake Voracek

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
It would be sad to see Atkinson since he's been loyal to the team. But he's a year older then Voracek and has 1 extra year on his contract. Only downside is I think Voracek's cap hit is a few million more. But if they don't plan on spending up to the cap for the next few years, I guess wouldn't matter. Hopefully with Voracek asking for a trade, Jarmo can use that and the extra cap hit as leverage and get a pick or two as well.

Reactions: DJA and Fred Glover

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
First thought I had.

Second thought was maybe he didn’t want to stick around for a rebuild? Couldn’t blame him there if so. Not that Philly is exactly a cup contender.

If that's the case, okay. But you can't complain about players wanting to leave just to trade one of the guys who actually want to stay.

If Atkinson changed his mind, fair enough. Otherwise, you have to start somewhere with keeping players, even if you're rebuilding.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I’ll always root for Cam but never the Flyers. Tough to see him go but as others have mentioned, with the way the next couple of years are looking, it’s kind of doing him a favor.

Reactions: Fro

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
First thought I had.

Second thought was maybe he didn’t want to stick around for a rebuild? Couldn’t blame him there if so. Not that Philly is exactly a cup contender.

Scratch that second thought now.

Voracek certainly the better player on the ice but man, Atkinson lived and breathed Columbus. Sure this is a total gut punch to him.

Reactions: Hinterland

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Cam was wasted here without a guy to feed him the puck. He's a great player, but he cannot create for himself or others, and that made him over paid and over valued in Columbus.

Love him as a PK'er, and the Jackets will miss that and his leadership, but at some point they had to move on and this looks like as good as they could have done.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
I didn't see Atkinson getting traded, although I've long thought we would someday see Voracek back.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
My thoughts:

Wow. This sucks. Cam is extremely invested in the community and was on the cusp of a lot of CBJ records. This f***ing sucks.

But also, Laine with Voracek should be pretty fun. Always loved Jake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad