Waived: Calvin Pickard (waived by Flyers)

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Found it odd how many people in this thread had him penciled in. Too many teams ahead of us, I'm not surprised he was claimed by someone else.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Found it odd how many people in this thread had him penciled in. Too many teams ahead of us, I'm not surprised he was claimed by someone else.

Personally I didn't think that there would be much NHL demand, for a guy with a 4.01 GAA and a .863 SV %...... But I was wrong.

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
thank goodness! Thank you Arizona ! I'm shocked anyone claimed that piece of swiss cheese LOL. Good luck Arizona, you'll need it with him in your net

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Personally I didn't think that there would be much NHL demand, for a guy with a 4.01 GAA and a .863 SV %...... But I was wrong.
That's fair and that leads to another potential obstacle in that even if no one else put in a claim, Dubas would still have to as well.

He may not have ever intended to anyways.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Valentin Zykov was just waived...Maybe he's the consolation waiver pick-up?

I know it's somewhat off-topic, but...Anyone have an idea why Zykov was waived?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Coaching staff just doesn't like him.

We don't have the space, but I would take him, or even Sosh if we had the need. Two decent players that can plan in a bottom 6 role

Reactions: ITM

member 262271

Yeah that seems odd, considering his age.

Reactions: ITM

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Pesce is ready to return to the lineup, so someone had to go.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So now the question is when Raanta comes back and Arizona waives Pickard, does that give just the Flyers that opportunity, or does both the Flyer and Leafs have it or just the Leafs still? Assuming no 3rd team wants him it would be a long winded way to get him to the minors if it's both. Leafs and Flyers claim him, Flyers are first but can't send him down as the Leafs also claimed him so the Flyers get and immediately rewaive him, the Leafs then are the only claiming team when the Flyers waive(unless this gives the Yotes the chance now too) so they get him?

When the Leafs did this with Griffith they had initially claimed him from Boston, waived him, and then when he was rewaived again the Leafs used this clause to send him down, Boston didn't care to put in a claim.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Zykov is interesting. Their version of Johnsson coming into this year. Surprised they gave up on him this quickly. Someone will take him. Sosh on waivers too

Reactions: Critical91

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Scott Darling on waivers. I'd be interested in that pickup.

He folded like a cheap tent last year when given the chance to be a starter for the first time, but before that was a pretty stellar backup with a very good AHL track record.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Scott Darling on waivers. I'd be interested in that pickup.

He folded like a cheap tent last year when given the chance to be a starter for the first time, but before that was a pretty stellar backup with a very good AHL track record.

Interesting stat. Darling didn't win two games in a row, at any point for the Hurricanes...

Also, McBackup has now been upgraded to McStarter.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Arizona probably thinks Pickard will help them with their annual tank, but they might be disappointed.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Arizona probably thinks Pickard will help them with their annual tank, but they might be disappointed.
Forget the tank, they just need anybody to fill the net right now. Raanta and Kuemper are both injured. Adin Hill and Hunter Miska (who?) are their current goalies. Once their regular goalies are healthy, he'll soon be on waivers again.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Forget the tank, they just need anybody to fill the net right now. Raanta and Kuemper are both injured. Adin Hill and Hunter Miska (who?) are their current goalies. Once their regular goalies are healthy, he'll soon be on waivers again.

You would think so, but you'll be surprised what a competent defense can do for a goalie.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Thought there was a good possibility for a reunion. Looks like another injury related opportunity and a continued chance at the NHL level.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Context is your friend. The Flyers were not good defensively and it shows. He has a larger body of work with an equally bad team as a starter with better numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad