Waived: Calvin Pickard (waived by Flyers)

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Wouldnt he have to clear to go back to the marlies?

Or are you suggesting the Leafs claim him and then waive him again?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If no one else claims him, the Leafs could put him on the Marlies if they claim him like they did with Griffith a few years ago.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

I believe if the Leafs are the only team to claim him, he can go straight to the Marlies.

I could be wrong.

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk

Is my understanding if you reclaim him from waivers, as the original waiving team you can put him directly into the AHL

I could be wrong though

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

The Leafs can re-claim him and then put him in the AHL without having to clear waivers IF no one else claims him.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Gee why would the Flyers let him go for nothing? Oh, 4 bad goals on 6 shots by his old buddies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Also, his numbers were awful, but we should be claiming him in a heartbeat to get him on the Marlies, and get Jeff Glass as far away as possible.

Run with Pickard and McAdam until Kaskisuo is healthy and then let Kasky and Pickard split games.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
after sparks the goalie situation is terrible, we need him just in case, and its always good to improve the ahl team

Reactions: SAMCRO44

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Isn't there a regulation that the original waiving team (the Leafs) can only send the player down to the minors without again clearing waivers if the player is waived from their new team within 30 days of the player originally being put on waivers? If that's the case, it's been well over 30 days since we waived McElhinney and Sparks, and I believe their previous waivers have now expired.

If my understanding is correct, the Leafs would now have to claim Pickard and then waive him again in order to try and send him to the Marlies - Then, because Philadelphia waived him within the past 30 days, they (the Flyers) would (if they were the only team to submit a claim) be able to claim Pickard back and send him to the Phantoms without him having to clear yet again.

Basically, I think the only way we were guaranteed to get Pickard or McElhinney on the Marlies is if they were waived by their "new" teams within 30 days of having been waived by us.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Isn't there a regulation that the original waiving team (the Leafs) can only send the player down to the minors without again clearing waivers if the player is waived from their new team within 30 days of the player originally being put on waivers? If that's the case, it's been well over 30 days since we waived McElhinney and Sparks, and I believe their previous waivers have now expired.

If my understanding is correct, the Leafs would now have to claim Pickard and then waive him again in order to try and send him to the Marlies - Then, because Philadelphia waived him within the past 30 days, they (the Flyers) would (if they were the only team to submit a claim) be able to claim Pickard back and send him to the Phantoms without him having to clear yet again.

Basically, I think the only way we were guaranteed to get Pickard or McElhinney on the Marlies is if they were waived by their "new" teams within 30 days of having been waived by us.

It only applies to a certain scenario. The Leafs were able to re-claim Seth Griffith after about 20 games and 2 or so months of being with the Panthers to put him on the Marlies.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
It only applies to a certain scenario. The Leafs were able to re-claim Seth Griffith after about 20 games and 2 or so months of being with the Panthers to put him on the Marlies.
Alright, thanks - If anyone can provide the parameters for those scenarios, that would be greatly appreciated.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Absolutely.

Pickard is still relatively young for goalie standards. Philly is a goalie graveyard and a tire fire team with an underachieving D-core (whose GM just got fired) so I completely disregard his performance there.

The Marlies desperately need goaltending right now and he could be a failsafe for Sparks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad