Player Discussion: Calvin de Haan

Status
Not open for further replies.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Anything under $5 million, and you sign him without hesitation.

I think the highest I'd go is $5.5 million.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I agree ! Of course he is going to ask high ... the isles low balled him that’s how negotiating works ...
I’m aware of that. He’s a UFA; someone will (regretfully) give him 5+. I’d be fine overpaying him a bit, but we can’t do that because numb nuts decided to overpay a bunch of 4th liners and a career backup goalie.

Reactions: D2Dpass

D2Dpass

Sep 30, 2008
I’m aware of that. He’s a UFA; someone will (regretfully) give him 5+. I’d be fine overpaying him a bit, but we can’t do that because numb nuts decided to overpay a bunch of 4th liners and a career backup goalie.

Anyway good talk ...I’m sure Calvin would have taken a home town discount if numb nuts had offered him longer term

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Two months later, where do we stand? I'd offer him two years at 4 million per, and that might actually be stupid.

With the Boychuk and Ladd contracts killing us , we can't afford much more dead weight.

I can't imagine anyone signing him for five.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Two months later, where do we stand? I'd offer him two years at 4 million per, and that might actually be stupid.

With the Boychuk and Ladd contracts killing us , we can't afford much more dead weight.

I can't imagine anyone signing him for five.

Detroit is probably desperate enough.

de Haan is not coming back as long as Snow is here. Don't see him taking a two year deal.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
He's played one complete season in seven years as a pro and had had at least three major shoulders injuries. You can't invest long term in him.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
He's played one complete season in seven years as a pro and had had at least three major shoulders injuries. You can't invest long term in him.
You're making it sound a lot worse than it is. Prior to this year, he played 65, 72, and 82 games in the last three. I'd take that any day.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
You're making it sound a lot worse than it is. Prior to this year, he played 65, 72, and 82 games in the last three. I'd take that any day.

I wonder what the average games played is for defensemen. Can't imagine it's much more than 70.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
It's a well established thought that CdH will not be back with the team but with Lou supplanting Garth & co. do we think that changes and DJ Carp Lad will be back in an Isles uniform in 2018-19?

And what would be a 1. fair contract, 2. what would he ask for and 3. what will he ultimately get?

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
It's a well established thought that CdH will not be back with the team but with Lou supplanting Garth & co. do we think that changes and DJ Carp Lad will be back in an Isles uniform in 2018-19?

And what would be a 1. fair contract, 2. what would he ask for and 3. what will he ultimately get?

He'll be looking for term without a doubt, Id guess near 5-6 years. Dollar wise 4-5mil per but Id have to imagine teams will be hesitant after his shoulder injuries.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City

I think he would want to stay now that Snow is gone...his beef was with him, not the organization.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Anything under $5 million, and you sign him without hesitation.

I think the highest I'd go is $5.5 million.

Wow, I wasn't thinking that high at all. I'll pass at that rate given his injury history.

A healthy, 82 game deHaan is worth that though IMO.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
He'll be looking for term without a doubt, Id guess near 5-6 years. Dollar wise 4-5mil per but Id have to imagine teams will be hesitant after his shoulder injuries.

If he gets anything more than two years from anybody he'd be very happy. With his injury history teams will be very cautious

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If Islanders can't sign De Haan or De HAan contract gets to out of wack, Islanders might look to sign Toby Enstrom who probably can be had for cheaper and less years

Last edited:
Reactions: Riseonfire

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I know he's looking for term and $$$ but I think I'd offer 3 yrs / $4mm per to start. Unfortunately for Calvin, using the injury sustained last year against him.

He's exactly what we need moving forward and has an established relationship with the room for 5 years now.

Last edited:

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I know he's looking for term and $$$ but I think I'd offer 3 yrs / $4mm per to start. Unfortunately for Calvin, using the injury sustained last year against him.

He's exactly what we need moving forward and has an established relationship with the room for 5 years now.
If he’s more interested in term over $ because of the injury, I’d give it to him. However, giving a defenseman who averages 16 points a season 5+ mil per year is totally ridiculous.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I don't know if we are able to post links here, its a sensitive place. But there's a guy named Matt Cane (don't know who he is) who has predicted what all the free agents will make. He's predicting CDH sign for one year at 1.7 million. Yikes.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
If CDH was looking at 1.7m he would already be signed here. There will be a bunch of teams in on him, regardless of injury concerns. My guess is if he wants term someone will pony up 3.5-4m and 4/5 years. I'd personally give it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia