Not open for further replies.

D2Dpass

Sep 30, 2008
Kulemin= Old and expensive
Grabovski=Old and Expensive
Greiss/Halak= Old and Expensive
Boychuk, Clutterbuck, Ladd
Where did this get us?
I'm not sure why the NYI are looking to be a mediocrity team. They need young star players. Giving DeHaan five million per may look ok now but in a few years it will be an albatross. See above.
I'm not sure how Calvin fits into the examples you give. He is not exactly old...he just turned 27 ( the league' average age ) and he doesn't have an albatross of a contract, he will have no contract in 2 weeks. Pay him what he is worth for 2-3 years and I doubt you'll be disappointed with his play. You know what you will get from him and it' exactly what the isles need.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm not sure how Calvin fits into the examples you give. He is not exactly old...he just turned 27 ( the league' average age ) and he doesn't have an albatross of a contract, he will have no contract in 2 weeks. Pay him what he is worth for 2-3 years and I doubt you'll be disappointed with his play. You know what you will get from him and it' exactly what the isles need.

Preach brother!

I just hope Lou can salvage some sort of relationship and get him signed. I'd jump at a 2-3 year deal, but I don't know if Garth totally burned that bridge by jerking him around.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
yeah, that guy really low-balled CDH. he has Perron getting 6.8, and Brock Nelson getting 4 years @ 4.3, so he seems a bit out to lunch on a few players.

LLsigns him for 3 years @ 4 per, tells Cal to work out and strengthen those shoulders. CDH shows up to camp with shoulders like bowling balls.

all is good...

Last edited:
Reactions: D2Dpass

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA

I'm pretty much guessing he will be a coveted free agent by other teams and I just don't see him settling for a two or even three year deal.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Calvin was like rich Pilon. You keep him around even though he will.be injured half the time. With plenty of cap space and JT walking and no ability to trade for NHL players letting him walk was a waste.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Calvin was like rich Pilon. You keep him around even though he will.be injured half the time. With plenty of cap space and JT walking and no ability to trade for NHL players letting him walk was a waste.

What are you talking about? Besides last season, he has never played less than sixty games besides his first season where he was called up late in the year. As usual another uninformed post.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
CDH proved he was more durable than pundits claimed during his junior years.

I would have taken the risk on his shoulder and re-signed him. The D needs him. In consecutive years, they lose Hammer and CDH without replacements. :facepalm:

Reactions: seafoam

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011

I would have taken the risk on his shoulder and re-signed him. The D needs him. In consecutive years, they lose Hammer and CDH without replacements. :facepalm:

Did those pundits claim he was less durable than a wet noodle in an industrial blender?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Even when they were both here, it was clear that it was de Haan carried Hamonic later on.

They did a great job getting something for Hamonic, but they forgot to sign de Haan.

The whole thing we heard was that Toews was going to replace de Haan, but here we are and they’d actually both be in the top six. I don’t know what Toews ever had to with keeping de Haan. There’s three pairings, Garth.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
We choose hickey instead of CdH. Too bad that he was pretty healthy for most of the time with the isles. In juniors/AHL not so much. I would rather go younger kids who are cost controlled, but it would be nice to have stability plus CdH liked it here too.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Look, Hickey was terrible yesterday but he's not THAT bad and it's not like he's ever been a top four guy. And I don't care what you say, neither is de Haan. Factor in injury concerns and I don't have a huge problem with choosing Hickey over de Haan. In addition, it is early and I don't think Toews will be down on the farm all year. Trotz knows this is not a cup contending squad and is obviously taking his time observing things.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland

At least they got back a nice haul of picks for Hamonic. Could have got maybe a first rounder for CDH.

Reactions: BelovedIsles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad