Injury Report: Calvert To IR (out 6 weeks), Recall Sean Collins

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Is the Collins move to send Skille back to let him play, or did something else happen? :huh:

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Huh? Skille's been back in Springfield for a couple weeks. You mean Chaput?

The Falcon's site says Collins was recalled for the 2nd time this evening (Monday, Nov 4th).

Skille is injured again. Shoulder I think.

What hurts the depth is not just the injuries to Calvert and Jenner, but also Bass and Skille who should be the experienced depth guys.

Ryan Craig has also been out since his wife gave birth over the weekend. So the forwards available to be called up is rather limited.

Not sure why Collins was called up though. Is someone else injured?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 1m
#CBJ F Matt Calvert (abdominal surgery) skated in full gear w/trainers for 2nd time today. Said return to practice next week very possible.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 1m
#CBJ F Matt Calvert (abdominal surgery) skated in full gear w/trainers for 2nd time today. Said return to practice next week very possible.

Good news, really want him back on the PK. If he's skating well, he is so dangerous.

Now we just need Atkinson to get dangerous again.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I believe I read that Collins is playing in place of Foligno who's daughter has a significant heart issue. Foligno is out for tonights game.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 25s
#CBJ Matt Calvert, Boone Jenner and Nathan Horton all skated again today.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
UPDATE (2:30 PM): Todd Richards said Matt Calvert will not play tonight in Edmonton, but is a possibility to play tomorrow night in Calgary. Realistically, Richards said, they're looking to Friday's game in Vancouver for Calvert to make his return from abdominal surgery.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@Aportzline: #CBJ LW Matt Calvert is expected to play Friday vs. #Canucks, his first game since Oct. 10.”

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@BlueJacketsNHL: NEWS: #CBJ have activated LW Matt Calvert (@mattcalvert11) off injured reserve. Welcome back, Matty!”

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Nice to have Calvert back. I have no expectations for his play tonight. My only hope is that he doesn't re-injure.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
“@BlueJacketsNHL: NEWS: #CBJ have activated LW Matt Calvert (@mattcalvert11) off injured reserve. Welcome back, Matty!”

I don't want to overhype Calvert as a player, and I understand he'll likely not hit the ground full speed tonight, but he is the type of player that makes alot happen for us offensively with his speed and forechecking.

I'm jacked for his return.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 1m
NEWS: #CBJ place Jared Boll on injured reserve, recall Sean Collins from @TheFalconsAHL

thebus2288*

I don't want to overhype Calvert as a player, and I understand he'll likely not hit the ground full speed tonight, but he is the type of player that makes alot happen for us offensively with his speed and forechecking.

I'm jacked for his return.

I don't mean to single you out as I see this type of stuff said about Calvert a lot. He brings soooo much more offensively than just speed and forechecking. Probably has the 2nd best hands on the team behind Johansen and a very underrated shot. You shouldn't be afraid to overhype him, he is what he is....good. Not a Filatov type player who we and most other fanbases DO overhype. If anything I think as a fanbase we underhype him.

In other news, I just really don't see what our management must see in Collins.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
What's the injury news with Anisimov and Dubinsky? I don't see injury threads for those guys so I'm piggybacking onto Calvert's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad