Injury Report: Calvert To IR (out 6 weeks), Recall Sean Collins

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
per Mixer, Porty, Dan Kamal, et al...

Kristyn Repke ‏@kristynrepke 24m
#CBJ put Matt Calvert on IR (injured 10/10 vs Buffalo) and recall Sean Collins from @TheFalconsAHL

Springfield Falcons ‏@TheFalconsAHL 25m
Sean Collins recalled by Columbus... http://falconsahl.com/news/news/?article_id=29

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 27m
#CBJ place Matt Calvert on IR retroactive to Oct. 10 and recall Sean Collins from Springfield.

Dan Kamal ‏@dankamal 34m
#CBJ put Matt Calvert on IR, recall F Sean Collins from Springfield of AHL.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 34m
#CBJ recall Sean Collins from AHL Springfield. Matt Calvert placed on IR.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@Aportzline: Calvert's surgery will be performed by same doc - Dr. William Meyer - who worked repaired Marian Gaborik and Jared Boll this summer. #CBJ”

“@Aportzline: #CBJ say they won't have a timeline for Calvert's return until after surgery is performed on Tuesday.”

“@Aportzline: This is a tough blow for the #CBJ. Calvert has been a streaky scorer, but his righteous wheels set the pace for the club on many nights.”

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
He's the third member of the 2008 late rounds (7th in his case) to be on the roster right now; Calvert was a 5th and Atkinson a 6th.

Which is either a good or bad thing depending on if you think the prior regime was great at finding hidden gems or that they sucked during the early rounds.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Geez, Calvert's groin "problem" must have become really serious.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Daddy Warbucks (GMJK) needs to fire up the trade machine. Would rather see some quality lower line wingers than call-ups. As for Calvert, I think we'll need to get used to this. He's small and the game he plays makes him conducive to injury. Feel bad for him, but no one has time to pout. Next man up.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Daddy Warbucks (GMJK) needs to fire up the trade machine. Would rather see some quality lower line wingers than call-ups. As for Calvert, I think we'll need to get used to this. He's small and the game he plays makes him conducive to injury. Feel bad for him, but no one has time to pout. Next man up.

What do you trade for such wonders?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Daddy Warbucks (GMJK) needs to fire up the trade machine. Would rather see some quality lower line wingers than call-ups.

And you lost me. We already have quality lower line wingers. With injuries, there will be call-ups.

Not a great thread for that.

I don't buy into your assertion with Calvert. He had a broken finger last season, which anyone could get. He also missed like 3 games with an upper body injury the previous season. Up until now, not exactly a storied injury history.

We could end up with an injury plagued player. However, I don't believe that is preordained because of his size and style of play.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

We're deep enough to handle a couple of injuries. Even with Calvert out we've got a decent amount of scoring ability on the bottom 6:

Atkinson-Gaborik
Foligno-Umberger
Letestu-Comeau
Jenner-Boll

Without Calvert we have space for Jenner and Boll to play, we're not even using our call-ups yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->