OT - NO POLITICS Calm down & step back - (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just got the official, unofficial word that we go back on July 6th. Waiting on an email from our HR about the specifics, but not overly confident this is going to go smoothly at all.

For the people that have already gone back, what actions have your companies taken to try to ensure your safety? I asked about temp checks, and my direct manager said he doubted it.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
After this lock down

Got my lake mead season pass in the mail. Im told the park is so big it even goes into AZ.

September bunch of us gonna rent a cabin in south lake tahoe

July parents flying to Boston and early September im supposed to go with them again

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Working at the exes house this morning. Scheduling got weird so I’m here with the kids. Toasted up some waffles for them and then realized after that they are out of syrup.

They are not going to be happy when they stop fighting and come downstairs begging for waffles.

Aunt Jemima syrup is going to be cherished like water in Mad Max

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Went to HR about my issue. Even tho he handled the last one with a supervisor im a bit more nervous about this one and maybe some repercussions. However I am one of like 5-6 people who have issues with this supervisor. I just hope the others talk.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
They are just changing the name and packaging. They have no plans to change the actual product.

The things I'll never take for granted again.

Being able to get a haircut
Pedicures. Sweet, sweet pedicures.
Sitting at a dark bar with the AC cranking and a mindless game on the TV making small talk with a bartender

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Went to HR about my issue. Even tho he handled the last one with a supervisor im a bit more nervous about this one and maybe some repercussions. However I am one of like 5-6 people who have issues with this supervisor. I just hope the others talk.
If enough people speak out, they'll do the right thing

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The things I'll never take for granted again.

Being able to get a haircut
Pedicures. Sweet, sweet pedicures.
Sitting at a dark bar with the AC cranking and a mindless game on the TV making small talk with a bartender
I hear you on the bar and pedicures.

I miss the days where a few quick texts led to getting cheap seats for a Sox game or dinner and drinks outside near the water.

I guess the grand summer plans my friends and I had will have to wait until next year.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Just got the official, unofficial word that we go back on July 6th. Waiting on an email from our HR about the specifics, but not overly confident this is going to go smoothly at all.

For the people that have already gone back, what actions have your companies taken to try to ensure your safety? I asked about temp checks, and my direct manager said he doubted it.
I work in a small machine manufacturing plant.

I've been working all along, but about 2/3 of us were temporarily laid off.

Most of them came back after 6 weeks or so.

We wear masks......when we're near other people.

We try not to be near other people.

We're more conscious of keeping the bathrooms and break room clean. We all have coffee and lunch separately.

That's about it!

Reactions: Maine Fan and LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad