Post-Game Talk: Calle Rosen aka The Dream

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I'd like it if the other team actually had to cycle the puck to get a decent shot, we're to busy turning over the puck for the other team to have to resort to anything drastic like cycling the puck to get a decent scoring opportunity
Both would be nice to not see.
Imo at the end of last season polak really took a step with skating the puck out. Still not the best but I thought he was better than he was for a long time.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Exactly...not sure why he's not up. We can only speculate:

- Is it because we are trying to overgroom as a prospect because he's a big part of our future? If so, I could understand that. Top pairing duties (including PP usage) can refine his puck skills, skating. Even if he's never going to play PP with the big club, he'll never have those development opportunities again, really.

-Is it because he lost the job straight up in camp? Tough to believe. He was easily better than both Rosen to me. Borgman is on the border, but I thought he was better as well.

-Is it because of other considerations- like trying to perpetuate the Leafs as a hot-bed for international, empty-wallet UFA's? Wouldn't look too good if we signed the Zaits of the world and stuck them in the AHL. They don't come over to play in the AHL....we already did that with Soshnikov.

Or could be any combination of the above...though if Carrick is out for some time, I'd like to see him called up. Rosen was that bad last night.

Waiver eligibility is kind of an elephant in the room that you missed.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Both would be nice to not see.
Imo at the end of last season polak really took a step with skating the puck out. Still not the best but I thought he was better than he was for a long time.

He had to improve from earlier in that season, it's physically impossible to be worse

The entire team wants a good butt kicking, everybody is brutal defensively right now including Andersen

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
He had to improve from earlier in that season, it's physically impossible to be worse

The entire team wants a good butt kicking, everybody is brutal defensively right now including Andersen
Its so early in the season that no team is really playing tight.
I just watch a Tampa Pittsburgh game that was a shootout at the ok coral!
If we keep winning and getting more defensive minded as we go along I won't complain about high scoring games.
As for Rosen, he worries me because I thought he was the weakest of the 3 auditions on the blueline and thus far he has not done anything to really make me feel comfortable.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Its so early in the season that no team is really playing tight.
I just watch a Tampa Pittsburgh game that was a shootout at the ok coral!
If we keep winning and getting more defensive minded as we go along I won't complain about high scoring games.
As for Rosen, he worries me because I thought he was the weakest of the 3 auditions on the blueline and thus far he has not done anything to really make me feel comfortable.

The zero defense thing needs to be sorted out before it becomes a serious issue and they just revert to thinking they can outscore there problems as a default setting

Rosen needs to go to the AHL full stop, at the moment he's hurting the team and his own confidence is taking a hit

That's lose-lose

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
The zero defense thing needs to be sorted out before it becomes a serious issue and they just revert to thinking they can outscore there problems as a default setting

Rosen needs to go to the AHL full stop, at the moment he's hurting the team and his own confidence is taking a hit

That's lose-lose
Agreed on Rosen but I think the devils game showed them they can't sit back at any moment.
I felt we played well bit everyone we slacked we paid for it. That should be lesson 1 for the season.
I'm also pretty sure by game 10 Babcock will have the team on track or very close to it. Too many games to go for me to worry about the loose play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad