Call Up Darnell?

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
I say either bring up Nikitin for a couple games or bring up Nurse and Drai.... Do you think we would be worse with them in the line up? I dont!

Pouliot - McDavid - Yakupov
Hall - Nuge - Klinkhammer
Drai - Lander - Purcell
Gazdic - Letestu - Korpi

Klefbom - Sekera
Nurse - Gryba
Davidson - Fayne

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I was all for calling up Nurse, but I've been convinced the other way.

I think he would be great in the NHL today, and he has already proven he's outclassed the AHL, but I suppose there is some chance that he could do poorly in the NHL and lose confidence.

We have Nikitin there, who doesn't have Nurse's abilities but he's a veteran who might have some veteran plays still in him. And really, if Nurse came up here and made some rookie mistakes it wouldn't take long for many fans to turn on him and say he doesn't have top pairing potential. Klefbom's already going through that.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I wouldn't call up Darnell but I wouldn't play ference either.

Oesterle
Musil
Simpson
Gernat

would be my choice. Nurse and Drai are busy.

Simpson/Gernat are injured is they not? I can see a guy that moves the move being called up as a Schultz replacement...his name be Joey LaLeggia. Leave Nurse down in Bakersfield to continue to learn the pro game.

Davidson should be getting ready to play his next game in Bakersfield..not here. not a slight on him..but hes not ready. Exposing him to waivers and being claimed at this point shouldnt be a concern IMO.

Ference should probably sit the rest of the season.

I never wanna see Nikitin again in Oiler colors.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Be happy with Davidson, you need his physical play against Pacific/West teams.

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
I like it.

Offensive assertiveness is something I'm eagerly anticipating.

Really head-scratching is Reinhart being placed on IR - seemed a gentle thing, at first, whatever his ailment was.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
i really want to see Nurse on the point to take some clappers during PP

Hugo McStiglitz

#BlameTheWater
Dec 27, 2010
I like it.

Offensive assertiveness is something I'm eagerly anticipating.

Really head-scratching is Reinhart being placed on IR - seemed a gentle thing, at first, whatever his ailment was.

Pretty sure it was just done to make room for Nurse on the roster.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Good... like I said calling him a month down the road instead of now doesnt make him a smarter Dman.. He has all other tools besides smarts already.. This callup wont hurt.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Pretty sure it was just done to make room for Nurse on the roster.

Probably not considering how good Reinhart has played for the big club... they wouldnt IR him just to call up Nurse... A healthy GR wouldve been ideal for Oilers considering GR-GRyba chemistry

Hugo McStiglitz

#BlameTheWater
Dec 27, 2010
Probably not considering how good Reinhart has played for the big club... they wouldnt IR him just to call up Nurse... A healthy GR wouldve been ideal for Oilers considering GR-GRyba chemistry

They needed to make room on the 23 man roster to call him up. Besides sending someone down, Reinhart to IR was the only other move they could make.

Ogopogo*

With Nurse up, we actually have an NHL-caliber defenseman on the roster! Now we only need 5 more and we are set!

cj354

Nov 2, 2013
CJ what did you know that we didn't? What else are you hiding?

My Monday morning shvitz with D.Katz finally paid off!

He also mentioned that the new Rogers Place Arena will serve Arby's and only Arby's during any Edmonton Oilers league games or additionally scheduled events.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
you forreal right now fam?

:laugh: I just had to look up fam in the urban dictionary to see what the **** you were talking about. And it ws as I expected.

I cannot understand a word of this song, but it's pretty catchy. And that's saying allot coming from a poster like me:

Color me impressed.

:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad