Calgary's Mike Smith had 22 losses this year, Calgary scored 0 or 1 goal in 16 of them

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Smith is a beauty and no one is blaming him. Our team didn’t show up in front of him.

People bashing Smith is laughable. Guy is a great teammate and he oozes character, people saying otherwise are straight up hating on him for the sake of it. He could be named captain and I’d be happy about it. He hates losing and we need more of that.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Anyone accusing Smith of being a reason the Flames failed to make the playoffs this year is just outing themselves as having no idea what they are talking about regarding the Flames.

Without Smith, this is team would’ve finished bottom 5. He was our MVP most nights.

I agree, up until he got hurt it’s hard to argue he wasn’t our best player. We all knew he was bailing us out and the reason we were in a playoff spot up until that point.

I just think it’s funny, the Smith bashing by some here. What’s wrong with hating to lose? People are salty that he called out the Yotes management for not putting together a competitive team in most of his years there. So what, who wouldn’t be frustrated with that? There was several occasions this year he was critical of our teams play, and you know what, it was refreshing because he had the stones to say what was actually true. People are to sensitive these days and I have a ton of respect for Smith. Guy hates losing and wears his heart on his sleeve, I wish more of our team was like him.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
giphy.gif

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

ThatHighGuy

Jul 11, 2014
Canaduh
Smith is not to blame for what happened to the Flames this year. If the team could score at all outside of the first line, we’d be in the playoffs right now.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I thought it was just a matter of goaltending? What’s the new excuse this year?
the irony of an Oiler fan talking about making excuses

I thought Calgary could score though?
Well he was comparing it to Arizona, so he wasn't wrong. Even with missing 2 of our top 3 forwards down the stretch we still outscored the Coyotes. You probably shouldn't get up on a high horse when you have no balance and the ground of covered in manure.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad