HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Let's say Guhle is the main piece in a trade for a top forward like Zegras.

Our D could look like this to start the season:

Matheson-Barron
Xhekaj-Savard
Struble-Kovacevic
Harris

I would expect the three prospects to get some games with the big club, with Mailloux being first in line I would imagine. Surely there will be some injuries.

Even better would be if we could move Savard and his Cup pedigree for a first, and sign a younger defensive UFA like Matt Roy to take his place on the 2nd pair.
Barron on the top pairing is a plan for tanking, come on...

• Haha
Reactions: Habs7631

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Jic and Lavoie says bizarre things sometimes ...
lavoiee.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77 and vokiel

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
We can ride with 8D to start the season if we have too...

Huton, Reinbacher, Mailloux to start in the AHL to groom their game to the pro level.

Matheson / Guhle
Struble / Savard
Xhekaj / Harris

Barron, Kova

If Hutson forces his way on, Harris or Kova go on waivers. Then we rotate guys in/out but lets face it, there is going to be an injury to one of those 8.

We will explore trade options with Harris and Barron but if the offers are crap, we don't need to make any desperation moves. If we can ride with 3 goalies this past season, we can certainly ride with 8D to start next year.

That means we will have 13F and one extra. Maybe that means we loose Ylonen or RHP to waivers?

I think Hutson already forced his way in the line-up.....and it should be an eventful summer for the Habs so I highly doubt this is even a possibility as a D-squad next year.

It's time to make some move.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I think Hutson already forced his way in the line-up.....and it should be an eventful summer for the Habs so I highly doubt this is even a possibility as a D-squad next year.

It's time to make some move.
yep, you never know with MSL. He ultimately gets to decide who makes the team not hughes and Gorton. If he believes players like hutson, reinbacher, and mailloux can help the team win more than the likes of struble, harris, kovacevic, etc. then I believe he'll take them. Seems like the staff is always infatuated with Hutson. Reinbacher could have a really good camp and so could Mailloux. Point is, the habs probably dont have a problem giving opportunities to their more elite prospects

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
I do 5th Overall for Zegras + Edmonton 1st (owned by the Ducks).

Habs Receive :
  1. Zegras
  2. EDM 1st (#24).
Ducks receive :
  1. 5th Overall

Then we trade WPG 1st + EDM 1st + one of the D or Mesar to move up into the top 15.

Anaheim leaves the draft with the 3th and the 5th overall.

We leave the draft with Zegras + one of Catton/Helenius/Sennecke/Silayev/Parekh.

Can’t tell me this isn’t a win-win.

Reactions: 1909

Jul 6, 2016
The Habs do not need Zegras. Certainly not at the expense of the 5th OA.
…. And if at the lottery, they fall to 7th, and Lindstrom, Demidov, and Iginla (even Catton) are already taken ???? Do you want them to pick a d-man or Eiserman instead of trading that pick to Anaheim for Zegras and their other 1st round pick ????

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I do 5th Overall for Zegras + Edmonton 1st (owned by the Ducks).

Habs Receive :
  1. Zegras
  2. EDM 1st (#24).
Ducks receive :
  1. 5th Overall

Then we trade WPG 1st + EDM 1st + one of the D or Mesar to move up into the top 15.

Anaheim leaves the draft with the 3th and the 5th overall.

We leave the draft with Zegras + one of Catton/Helenius/Sennecke/Silayev/Parekh.

Can’t tell me this isn’t a win-win.

Can tell you there's a lot of wishful thinking......

But if you put that 5th overall in play, the question now become :
Is Zegras the best we can get with that pick on the market ?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Lekhonen good player yup. Barron has no hockey sense. Bad trade because Habs going to end up with nothing for Lekhonen.
I could be wrong but i believe Habs management liked him, but they had to trade him because his contract was ending and Habs didn't get any cap space . Didn't he was going to be free agent and Habs traded him because they were going to loose him anyway ?

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
I could be wrong but i believe Habs management liked him, but they had to trade him because his contract was ending and Habs didn't get any cap space . Didn't he was going to be free agent and Habs traded him because they were going to loose him anyway ?
I believe that’s what happened. I also remember everyone here wanting to trade him after his good season so he didn’t turn into an armia/byron contract for us

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jic and Lavoie says bizarre things sometimes ...
View attachment 862574
Speaking of French expressions, I had always thought it odd whenever I heard the expression « c’est là que le bas blesse ».

What — get injured by a sock?

Just looked it up and it’s not « bas » but « bât », which is a packsaddle that was used on donkeys to which objects were attached and where maladjusted or the weight too heavy, it would cause injuries that could only be ascertained once the packsaddle was removed.

15th century expression, who knew.

And now back to your regularly scheduled puns and artifices.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Habs didn’t HAVE to trade Lekhonen, he was RFA - they chose to and got taken to the cleaners

Reactions: Runner77

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Habs didn’t HAVE to trade Lekhonen, he was RFA - they chose to and got taken to the cleaners
They needed to move out some players and most of the vets were worthless. They moved guys like Toffoli and Lehkonen who did not fit their timeline.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wish we’d collectively let go of that deal, it was a mistake and there’s nothing we can do about it. Thankfully, Hughes has done better with subsequent trades.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
They needed to move out some players and most of the vets were worthless. They moved guys like Toffoli and Lehkonen who did not fit their timeline.
Why they had time? Also that’s when the rumored Cgy offering up a 1st rounder for Anderson per Pierre LeBrun happened - HuGo chose to get anally raped on the Lekhonen deal

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
…. And if at the lottery, they fall to 7th, and Lindstrom, Demidov, and Iginla (even Catton) are already taken ???? Do you want them to pick a d-man or Eiserman instead of trading that pick to Anaheim for Zegras and their other 1st round pick ????
Yes.

Zegras is not the player I want to spend major assets on acquiring. I’d rather hold on to/accumulate more assets to make a bigger move for a better player. I don’t consider Zegras to be a good fit or the type of player we need to be chasing.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
We already got locked into a similar contract with Price that most knew he would never last through. Hughes isn't stupid
They're not comparable. Price's contract never hurt the team and it doesn't even matter anymore.

Huberdeau has one of the worst contracts in the league at this point and, as far as i know, he isn't breaking down and expected to spend years on the LTIR.

Reactions: Tyson

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Why they had time? Also that’s when the rumored Cgy offering up a 1st rounder for Anderson per Pierre LeBrun happened - HuGo chose to get anally raped on the Lekhonen deal
As has been posted may times - I am sure no one offered a first for Anderson and if they did they would have wanted retention. There is no way Hughes was retaining for 4 years. Lehkonen is overrated. he is a very good player but his production is not good enough for the line he is playing on. They got a reasonable return for him. Barron is still developing and the pick hasn't been made or traded yet.

Yes.

Zegras is not the player I want to spend major assets on acquiring. I’d rather hold on to/accumulate more assets to make a bigger move for a better player. I don’t consider Zegras to be a good fit or the type of player we need to be chasing.
A goal scorer would be more useful but where are they going to get one?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
As has been posted may times - I am sure no one offered a first for Anderson and if they did they would have wanted retention. There is no way Hughes was retaining for 4 years. Lehkonen is overrated. he is a very good player but his production is not good enough for the line he is playing on. They got a reasonable return for him. Barron is still developing and the pick hasn't been made or traded yet.
You never trade heart & soul players unless the other team clearly overpays. If they’re offering up a “pretty player” hair should stand up in the back of the neck… why?

Barron is the definition of pousse caca hockey

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
You never trade heart & soul players unless the other team clearly overpays. If they’re offering up a “pretty player” hair should stand up in the back of the neck… why?

Barron is the definition of pousse caca hockey
Lehkonen was a decent player but he fainted every time he got a scoring opportunity. Maybe he was crewed up by idiot coaches but he didn't start to produce until he got to Colorado. In any event he is too old for the Habs.
Barron is very good offensively. He might improve defensively and with decision making or he may have no hockey sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad