GDT: Calgary vs Vancouver 8:00MT CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Like anyone would listen to Brouwer. I bet Brouwer's dog doesn't even listen to him.
This has to be one of the most clueless posts in the history of HF. It is well known that Brouwer is a leader in the room, even his detractors would be stupid to deny that.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Big f***ing game tonight boys. Must win. People get fired if we lose this game tonight. 4-2 Flames. Sweet Sam gets on the scoresheet and of course Gorgeous Sean Monahan score a couple.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
^that's ludicrous

if someone is making the defense play a way that the coach doesn't want them to, they should be in the AHL or traded. no room to have someone undermine your authority

Undermining authority is a bit extreme. My speculation is moreso that Gulutzan might prefer to play a more aggressive style, but can live with a low scoring, tight checking game which is encouraged in the locker room.

I don't get the sense from his interviews that he wants the D playing passively, but I do get the sense that he'll take defensive wins over offensive losses.

It's also a very different story if that vocal presence is your starting goaltender. Teams acquiese to what goaltenders need often, whether that's not blocking shots to increase visibility or not giving up breakaways even if that gets you the bulk of the chances at the other end.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Mitts

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I'm calling it now, scrub Nilsson going to get at least 40+ saves tonight and only allow 1 goal.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Looks like the Nucks want it more

The Flames look lazy like they always do after a road trip...

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Flames play a couple of real good road games, come home and play like complete ass.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I understand why he thought he needed to but the Flames had that covered Ferland didn't need to step in front of him.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Look like Smith is the most awake guy on the team...he is going to do the scoring...on his own goal

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I will say to defend Ferland, Vanek is one of the worst skaters I have ever seen. The guy gets breathed on and falls down.

Has the leg strength of an infant if an opposing player is within 20m of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad