GDT: Calgary vs Vancouver 8:00MT CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
If we don't win by a score of at least 10-0, fire Gulutzan.

Projected lineups:
FORWARDS
Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Micheal Ferland (Yay!)
Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik (Yay!)
Sam Bennett - Mark Jankowski - Garnet Hathaway (Pretty good)
Troy Brouwer - Matt Stajan - Curtis Lazar (Wat?)
DEFENCE
Mark Giordano - Dougie Hamilton (Yay!)
TJ Brodie - Travis Hamonic (Eh they don't work well together)
Brett Kulak - Michael Stone (Pretty good)
GOALTENDER
Mike Smith (Yay?)

Reactions: Sk8M8

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
For the love of all that is holy, win this game.

I can't take losing to the Oilers or Canucks anymore. A) they're fanbases keep getting ammo to shoot our way, B) we're fighting for a playoff spot and we're losing critical divisional points and C) because f*** these teams.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I hope we score more than 3 goals. And I hope we get at least 2 goals in the first. I'm tired of low-scoring hockey.

Also, points for Gaudreau and Monahan.

And everyone else lol. 3m needs to get rolling again bigly,

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Would love for this team to buck the trend of shitting the bed in big games at home.

Also no Horvat or Sutter for the Canucks. No excuse for anything but a regulation win

Edit: Jagr isn't gonna skate for the next few days. Starting to wonder if he'll beat the record

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Edit: Jagr isn't gonna skate for the next few days. Starting to wonder if he'll beat the record

Jagr has been so good in the last few years that people might forget he's 46, and at that age the decline comes really fast and surprisingly. Same happened to Selänne.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
All that really matters with Jagr is that he helps us in April, May, and June. If he doesn't hit personal records this year, that's too bad, but if he can help us in crunch time, not only will that help our quest to win the cup but probably motivate him to come back for another year.

groin injuries are no joke, and he should probably shut it down for a couple months.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
And if a player that old who missed training camp is going to shut it down for few months, he's is not going to be useful in playoffs.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
This is a game we should (and almost have to) win. Despite the record that is a garbage Canucks roster.

It would be nice to see the team hit the ice running and not let up all game long. I am sure someone will point to a game but I am having a hard time thinking of many 60 minute complete games from the team this year.

I predict 6-2 for the good guys.

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
I'm starting to get bored with the Flames. Watching last nights Preds/Knights games I realized good ole gluegun plays a paint drying style of game. One question:

Why doesn't our D ever go deep into the zone?

Our strength isn't speed, our strength isn't size. Our strength is a mobile d-core and we have one of the least mobile d-core styles in the game, wooh... good job gluegun. I'm just about done with the gluegun.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I'm starting to get bored with the Flames. Watching last nights Preds/Knights games I realized good ole gluegun plays a paint drying style of game. One question:

Our strength isn't speed, our strength isn't size. Our strength is a mobile d-core and we have one of the least mobile d-core styles in the game, wooh... good job gluegun. I'm just about done with the

Glue gun glue gun glue gun

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
Na na na na na na na gluegun

Reactions: Sk8M8

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

Our strength isn't speed, our strength isn't size. Our strength is a mobile d-core and we have one of the least mobile d-core styles in the game, wooh... good job gluegun. I'm just about done with the gluegun.

This is a Dcore that should be gunning for Top 2 in D scoring. That they are not is concerning, and a sign that our offense is too forward-oriented. While Gulutzan may be to blame, I have a feeling that it is one of the vocal players in the locker room openlydiscouraging the D from attacking - perhaps Brouwer or Smith.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
^that's ludicrous

if someone is making the defense play a way that the coach doesn't want them to, they should be in the AHL or traded. no room to have someone undermine your authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->