Calgary vs San Jose 7 game series

Who would win 7 game series?

• Total voters

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I think this would be a tight matchup that could go either way. I'd say Calgary in 7, but it really is likely to come down to which teams gets the bounces go their way.

Reactions: wetcoast

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
It would be an awesome series. Honestly think goaltending would be the determining factor. He interesting to see if San Jose makes a move there given the play of Jones and Dell so far.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I don’t know.. this one was a tough one for me.

I still think we’re inexperienced, so my guess would be Sharks in 7.

It would be a 7 game series for sure. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the Flames pulled through though.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Depends on which Karlsson shows up. He took the sens pretty far on his own a few seasons ago.

It would be a good series

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Oof I dunno. Imagining this 7 gamer gives me goosebumps. Would be a hell of a series. Probably comes down to goaltending.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Gotta go with the Flames.
Goaltending will be the difference.
Rittich (.920 Sv%) > Jones (.897 Sv%) or Dell (.889 Sv%)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Like the slash Dell gave Bennett?
Technically that wasn't a hit. That was just plain old cowardly dirty stick work by someone who knew he wouldn't have to pay the piper. Those are acceptable in Sharkland.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
Gut says flames but ek could really turn it on and I think sharks have a better roster. Just a matter of their best player playing like it because you know Gaudrrau will b

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah, he threw one late, dirty hit on one of their defensemen with 30 seconds left in the game. He must be totally in their heads

Just like the Ducks did too, right?
Ya that 09 series was a masterpiece, shark fans prob still see hiller in their nightmares.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Gotta go with the Flames.
Goaltending will be the difference.
Rittich (.920 Sv%) > Jones (.897 Sv%) or Dell (.889 Sv%)

Rittich has 36 starts in his NHL career with a .913 SV%.

Martin Jones has 42 playoff starts in his NHL career with a .926 SV%.

To actually assume the Flames have better goaltending, you’d have to be betting on absolutely zero regression to the mean from Jones, Rittich, or Dell. Which, wouldn’t be very smart, but then again; that kinda seems to be your MO.

Ya that 09 series was a masterpiece, shark fans prob still see hiller in their nightmares.

I’m talking about the one that happened in this decade, you know, where the Sharks were missing Erik Karlsson and Joe Thornton and still swept them.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Rittich has 36 starts in his NHL career with a .913 SV%.

Martin Jones has 42 playoff starts in his NHL career with a .926 SV%.

To actually assume the Flames have better goaltending, you’d have to be betting on absolutely zero regression to the mean from Jones, Rittich, or Dell. Which, wouldn’t be very smart, but then again; that kinda seems to be your MO.

I’m talking about the one that happened in this decade, you know, where the Sharks were missing Erik Karlsson and Joe Thornton and still swept them.
Who cares about how well you played in the past. Its how well you are playing now that matters. Jones sucks right now and he's sucked for the past half season. I doubt he will suddenly morph into a .926 goalie after a half season of failure. But go ahead.. keep believing in sudden redemption. Its the only scenario that fits your dream.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad