Calgary vs Colorado

Who would win in a 7 game series?

• Total voters

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
When you watch Girard you're amazed how good he is on the breakout his first pass is just amazing. He never looks nervous as a 20 y/o dman and sometimes looks like he isn't playing like 5''10 guy. If there is a dman that is overrated on the Avs I would say it's EJ or Barrie. EJ isn't looking like his old self, he looks slow and have trouble breaking out his own zone that or clearing the puck IMO. Barrie well everyone know that he can put up points alot of points but will also make alot of mistakes that will lead to goals. At this point you would think that Girard looks more like a veteran than EJ. There is still alot of hockey this season so I hope things will turn out for EJ.

I get he has some awe stunning moments, but he's also prone to gaffs from what I've seen. Along with the fact his 5on5 production and advanced stats are putrid, there's definitely some debate in how properly he's rated.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I get he has some awe stunning moments, but he's also prone to gaffs from what I've seen. Along with the fact his 5on5 production and advanced stats are putrid, there's definitely some debate in how properly he's rated.
Maybe we Avs fans are blinded by those ''stunning moments'' but the guy is still a kid compared to those other two I mentioned. I might get flamed for saying this and I'm not sure if there is another Avs fan that thinks like me but IMO he is our best defender so far this season. If those fancy stats are so putrid then I guess our defence is doomed :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When you watch Girard you're amazed how good he is on the breakout his first pass is just amazing. He never looks nervous as a 20 y/o dman and sometimes looks like he isn't playing like 5''10 guy. If there is a dman that is overrated on the Avs I would say it's EJ or Barrie. EJ isn't looking like his old self, he looks slow and have trouble breaking out his own zone that or clearing the puck IMO. Barrie well everyone know that he can put up points alot of points but will also make alot of mistakes that will lead to goals. At this point you would think that Girard looks more like a veteran than EJ. There is still alot of hockey left this season so I hope things will turn out for EJ.

The Barrie meme was more amusing when he was still starting the season slowly. Now that he’s playing great it no longer is as amusing.

EJ’s definitely started slowing down though :-/

Reactions: Spilot23

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Just curious when you watched him? He was amazing the first ~20 games, but has struggled more the past few weeks. If all of your viewings came more recently then that would give you a different perspective than if they came in the first ~20 games, ya know?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Just curious when you watched him? He was amazing the first ~20 games, but has struggled more the past few weeks. If all of your viewings came more recently then that would give you a different perspective than if they came in the first ~20 games, ya know?

I have watched him a few times last season and the first 20 games, nevertheless no matter what his eye test is, his advanced stats are not good. The fact that his eye test has shown him to occasionally be a liability defensively shows how overrated he is. THis isn't to say he can't turn out to be a legit 1D, I'll admit he has the tools and it's promising. But currently he isn't one and anyone who thinks he is, is overrating him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I have watched him a few times last season and the first 20 games, nevertheless no matter what his eye test is, his advanced stats are not good. The fact that his eye test has shown him to occasionally be a liability defensively shows how overrated he is. THis isn't to say he can't turn out to be a legit 1D, I'll admit he has the tools and it's promising. But currently he isn't one and anyone who thinks he is, is overrating him.

I don’t think any of us thinks he’s currently a #1 though. He was our #1 before Barrie got it going, by default; as he was playing like a legit top pairing guy at that time. Hell we don’t even expect him to become a high end #1 in his prime. So that seems an odd argument for saying that we over-rate him :-/

Reactions: avsfan09

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Maybe we Avs fans are blinded by those ''stunning moments'' but the guy is still a kid compared to those other two I mentioned. I might get flamed for saying this and I'm not sure if there is another Avs fan that thinks like me but IMO he is our best defender so far this season. If those fancy stats are so putrid then I guess our defence is doomed :laugh:
That would be Cole imo. Girard had an amazing start to the season but lately his young age and lack of experience are showing a bit.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I don’t think any of us thinks he’s currently a #1 though. He was our #1 before Barrie got it going, by default; as he was playing like a legit top pairing guy at that time. Hell we don’t even expect him to become a high end #1 in his prime. So that seems an odd argument for saying that we over-rate him :-/
Yep. I'd say the debate on the Avs board is mostly around him being a 2/3.
Hes a top 4 guy who I think will be a top end #2. He shows it in sports and is only 20. Think a better Spurgeon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad