Calgary vs Colorado

Who would win in a 7 game series?

• Total voters

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
Calgary seems to do well when they play Colorado, I think we would take this one.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Avs fan saying Flames.

Avs may have the better first line but Calgary is deeper everywhere else. Avs have the advantage in net as well but it's not a big enough advantage to swing a series in the Avs favour.

Reactions: biturbo19

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Flames.

Avs have the better first line although not by much, and the Flames are better everywhere else with much better depth.

The Avs do have the advantage in goal, although Smith has been fantastic lately while Varlamov has struggled and Rittich is a very solid backup.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Flames purely because for whatever reason it is we've always sucked against them and they have our number for some reason.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted Colorado

Flames are one of the team i follow the least - and i'm sure this makes my biased - but still not sold on them. They've under performed in recent years, going thru hot streaks but not usually being there at end (playoffs).

Maybe this is their year and they finally put it together but i don't expect it.

On the other hand i love Col's offensive firepower - and i've also always liked Varlamov.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
I think the flames are a better overall team and it's really not all that close but I can genuinely see that first line completely f***ing everyone in the playoffs. Which would be insane

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Voted Colorado

Flames are one of the team i follow the least - and i'm sure this makes my biased - but still not sold on them. They've under performed in recent years, going thru hot streaks but not usually being there at end (playoffs).

Maybe this is their year and they finally put it together but i don't expect it.

On the other hand i love Col's offensive firepower - and i've also always liked Varlamov.

The difference is Colorado is going through unsustainable means offensively, and funny enough it's their bottom 9 that's more unsustainable than their top line. Calgary underperformed the last few years due to system and luck.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The difference is Colorado is going through unsustainable means offensively, and funny enough it's their bottom 9 that's more unsustainable than their top line. Calgary underperformed the last few years due to system and luck.

I dunno Colorado's top line was insane last year and has taken it up a notch this year. Looks pretty sustainable so far.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I dunno Colorado's top line was insane last year and has taken it up a notch this year. Looks pretty sustainable so far.

They did take it up a notch, but nevertheless typically lines don't play like they have for multiple seasons. ALso I even said their bottom 9 has more unsustainable metrics as crazy as it sounds.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
So what you're saying is you didn't watch the games.

Eye test is biased, also it doesn't matter how poor your team plays, goalies that allow 11 goals in less than 100 minutes are partially to blame. Besides if Varmalov wasn't to blame, then you're just admitting the Avs played terrible defense the last two games.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Eye test is biased, also it doesn't matter how poor your team plays, goalies that allow 11 goals in less than 100 minutes are partially to blame. Besides if Varmalov wasn't to blame, then you're just admitting the Avs played terrible defense the last two games.
Two games doesn't move the needle on a teams ability.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'd lean Calgary right now.
That Avs top line is absurd, but the Calgary one isn't that far off. After that though; like, Tkachuk alone swings it to Calgary in terms of depth.
Defence leans towards Calgary, Top 6 v Top 6 isn't particularly close, considering one team employs Ian Cole to play heavy minutes.
Goaltending leans heavily towards the Avs.

So really it's kind:
Top Talent:
Avs > Flames

Depth:
Avs << Flames

Defence:
Avs << Flames

Goaltending:
Avs >> Flames

I also prefer the Flames system over many in the league. Lots of shots generated, and scoring chances generated. Doesn't lean on high SV% and SH% for sustainability.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
So what you're saying is you didn't watch the games.
Lets be real here. Varlamov has not looked good the past 2 games, he has not kept the score close and allowed some soft goals. Trying to convince people otherwise is pointless.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Going with Calgary because they never let us win.

Sometimes we try.
Mike-Smith-Goalie-Smash-Stick-NHL-Phoenix-Coyotes-vs-Chicago-Blackhawks.gif

Reactions: Steve Varlamov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad