Post-Game Talk: Calgary Flames at New York Rangers - February 9

Three stars vs. Calgary - February 9

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Well, if Buch, Kreider and I guess Vesey come back healthy, who the **** knows what happens with this team.
It might be too late by then or too many teams in the mix but have no doubt with those forwards back and healthy they are a 4/5 wildcard team. Jackets are crumbling somehow. Islanders give up 6 plus goals a game and still on the fence about the Canes.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
a 4th... probably a 5th

Dreger said something like "and don't underestimate the interest in Nick Holden"

My regular estimate is also a 4th or 5th. Maybe that's an underestimation....

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah, Pionk played a great game. so many positive signs after this game - and we did not look that we missed any of the players injured! :)
But it will be great to get both Ryan Mc. & Kreider back into the lineup!

I had to vote on Zucc, Nash & Henrik, because that was the turning point of the game when Zucc won that board battle got it too Holden, and Nash sniped in behind their goalie! ;)

But there are many who had a good game like Pionk, Skjei, Gilmour, Holden, Miller, Hayes, and Zib.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tob

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I didn't see the game what an amazing goal that game winner was. JT Miller and Zibanejad were great on it.

P.S. Does anyone still need to look up Zibby's name when posting? I can never remember where As and Es go.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
a 4th... probably a 5th

The Rangers traded a 4th for Holden and for all the shit the guy gets, for really no reason, he has been a very solid addition to the overall defense. I’d expect no less than a 3rd but I’d hope for a 3rd + 4th or something like that. Either way what an underrated move by Gorton.

Reactions: Ori

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Dreger said something like "and don't underestimate the interest in Nick Holden"

My regular estimate is also a 4th or 5th. Maybe that's an underestimation....

Well you may have a point if Jack Johnson reportedly might return a first. Maybe Holden is worth that 3rd. I just can't imagine him being worth a 2nd or decent prospect

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This isn't the NFL I can't root for them to lose 30 straight games, nor will they lose 30 straight games. I appreciate fans rooting for a tank, but I think I draw the line with the last 11 games of a 16 game NFL schedule where the team starts 0-5.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
a 4th... probably a 5th
I think he has a little more value. He doesn’t do anything particularly well. But he’s solid all around. At least, I think that he can be sold that way. Rather than draft picks I think the rangers would be better served finding a good player who for whatever reason can’t get a shot elsewhere. They’re out there I’m sure.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Yeah, Pionk played a great game. so many positive signs after this game - and we did not look that we missed any of the players injured! :)
But it will be great to get both Ryan Mc. & Kreider back into the lineup!

It's like when Staal went down during 2012 and McDonagh came up and became the captain a few seasons later.

A lot of times veterans have senority to NHL roster spots and it takes a serendipidous opening for the young players to deservingly receive the baton.

Lots of high hope for Pionk and Gilmour. Both have a lot of upside if they continue to develop!

Reactions: Ori

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Even if we wanted to there are many more garbage teams then us.I can name 7/8 off the top of my head

Eh 7/8 is a stretch.

This was a win against a team playing on the tail end of back to backs and their 3rd in 4 nights. They've got a pretty tough road trip coming up where they'll remind us why they're going to be selling.

All this win did was save this team from a losing streak that would have possibly pushed into double digits.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
yeah Holden has been playing solid this season, one of his best season as a Ranger for sure. He had a B letter from me half way of the season.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The Rangers traded a 4th for Holden and for all the **** the guy gets, for really no reason, he has been a very solid addition to the overall defense. I’d expect no less than a 3rd but I’d hope for a 3rd + 4th or something like that. Either way what an underrated move by Gorton.

Not saying you're off base but no way Holden brings back two picks.
He's been very serviceable especially at his salary and he has some nice physical tools but some of the gaffes he makes IDK.
Hey hope you're right but i see maybe a 4th rounder coming back. I would take that

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Eh 7/8 is a stretch.

This was a win against a team playing on the tail end of back to backs and their 3rd in 4 nights. They've got a pretty tough road trip coming up where they'll remind us why they're going to be selling.

All this win did was save this team from a losing streak that would have possibly pushed into double digits.
Fair enough but i've watched enough of the bottom atlantic teams to know they are garbage. Thats 5 teams right there. Maybe the Panthers have a little hope in passing us by

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
If we get Ryan Mc. back for sunday game - we might have a chance if the team continue to play like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad