GDT: Calgary (4-3-0) @ NYR (2-4-1), 5PM - SN

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If Smith has another couple weak starts I can see Rittich being the full time guy soon. Smith has had 1 good game this year (his shutout) and Rittich has had 2 good games in his 2 starts.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
IMO the Flames did not take the Rangers serious at all. The best line consistently all night might have been the 4th line. Saw lots of grandstanding and going for the pretty plays. The guys are going to have to tighten up for Tuesday in Montreal.

Rittich should have been #1
Hathaway 2
Johnny 3

A win is a win and I am happy... FYI Flames Giveaways 6 NYR 13
My theory stands for another day.

Reactions: Mobiandi

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
If Smith has another couple weak starts I can see Rittich being the full time guy soon. Smith has had 1 good game this year (his shutout) and Rittich has had 2 good games in his 2 starts.

This is one of those cases where the starter just needs some time off to rediscover his game. Ramo did it to Hiller in 2014-15, last year Grubauer did it to Holtby too.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Wait so why did Zuccarello get a penalty at the end when Skjei jumped Andersson

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I was working and missed the game. Was Rittich really as good as those numbers suggest? :amazed:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Wait so why did Zuccarello get a penalty at the end when Skjei jumped Andersson
None of the announcers realized or explained it well, but Zuccarello got a penalty for after-the-whistle mischief he pulled. The only part of it they actually caught on camera during the broadcast was a slash/spear on one of the Flames players (not sure who), but it looked like the referee was already pointing him to the box when he did that, so I am guessing he'd already done something similar beforehand. Skjei would have also had a penalty on the play, but given it occurred before the goal, it would have been yet another goal on a delayed penalty which cancelled out the penalty.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Me: Why is Garnet still on the bloody main roster and in the lineup!?
Garnet: Hold my beer.

Tremendous performance by the 4th line. I've been saying it for a while, get Janko down there (I've said Ryan/Janko, but Dube/Janko is perfectly fine too) and let them eat up the bottom 6 of the teams.

Guys, this is what it's like when you have a good team. You can get outplayed most of the night, and still win because you capitalize.

Super impressed with Rasmus.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I was working and missed the game. Was Rittich really as good as those numbers suggest? :amazed:
Not that good. He was solid.. Got lucky on a couple made a couple good saves but he was not lights out like Price, Holtby or Lundqvist.

Ironically if Lundqvist could have had one of those games Calgary would have lost.

Reactions: Cyrano

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Watching him in person tonight, yes absolutely. He was on point from the start. Can’t blame him on the lone Rangers goal, a perfectly shot on a power play. Rittich was the biggest reason the Flames won this game.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Imagine if Monahan and James Neal actually score goals with that kind of goaltending....

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Flames have scored the most goals in the western conference (tied with Chicago) and 2nd most in the league with 30. Last season they had 20 at this point - good enough for 24th in the league.

I don't think scoring depth is keeping Treliving awake anymore

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Flames tied for 2nd in the league for goals for at the moment. That's nice.
They really need to get it together defensively though. Need to cut down those high danger chances against big time.

Things will click.
The offence is going. The defence will catch up. We're forgetting we're still missing our shutdown guy.

Reactions: JurassicTunga

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Me: Why is Garnet still on the bloody main roster and in the lineup!?
Garnet: Hold my beer.

Tremendous performance by the 4th line. I've been saying it for a while, get Janko down there (I've said Ryan/Janko, but Dube/Janko is perfectly fine too) and let them eat up the bottom 6 of the teams.

Guys, this is what it's like when you have a good team. You can get outplayed most of the night, and still win because you capitalize.

Super impressed with Rasmus.

Volica for the win again. My man, always posting on point.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Sounds like Rittich is seeing an opportunity and is hungry to prove what he can do in this league. I love it, really hope he starts against Montreal.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Sounds like Rittich is seeing an opportunity and is hungry to prove what he can do in this league. I love it, really hope he starts against Montreal.

He should, I don’t see how he doesn’t start. His performed much much better than Smith his last 2 starts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad