Caleb Jones recalled from Bakersfield UPDATE#2 Recalled from Bako 12/9/19

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Fantastic recall!

Unfortunate for anyone to get injured of course but being able to replace persson when the coach inevitably scratches him with Jones is 10x better than moving putting another non puck mover with no offensive instincts into the top 4.

Ideally we would dress persson bear and jones one on each pair who can move them the puck, but I can’t see Russell and benning getting scratched ever.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
More puck movers? Tippett isn’t going to like this

giphy.webp

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Wow my dream scenario might actually come true.
Nurse Bear
Klef Persson
Jones Larsson.

Probably not but one can hope. At least I won't have to watch that plug Manning in the line up so that's good news

Could very well be possible, Larsson just coming back from injury and all and will want to shelter his mins for now. I'm all for it.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I couldn’t help but notice Jones put up six points in 17 games last season with the Oilers which is impressive so I’m guessing it was his defence that he needed to work on ?

Plz forgive my bad memory I forget how he played last season.
Was lights out on the bottom pair for the first 6 games then got thrown into 20-24 minutes a night and at first looked good before beginning to sink. His game looked very strong when his minutes were down and his good puck moving and skating were obvious from the start with a calmness in his game that only broke once being asked to play top pairing minutes.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Never tried one my self although I have had all the ingredients individually.
Seems like they might play nice.
Rum plays nice with eggnogg barely if you go overboard with spices and flavors. Vodka and milk/cream? Le barf.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Rum plays nice with eggnogg barely if you go overboard with spices and flavors. Vodka and milk/cream? Le barf.

I have a bit of a thing with Rum...a carry over from my teens.
Rum and I dont get along.

Thats said I havent tried it with eggnog and I do really LIKE eggnog. :nod:

I am very open to trying a White Russian. :D

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I can’t really recall how Jones looked on the right side last season up here or if he plays that side in Bakersfield. I would like to see him in a position to succeed. There’s no reason he can’t have as much of an impact for us as Bear has this year. I just don’t see him playing over Russell so it’s likely if he gets in it has to be on the right side with Klefbom.

I feel like a D of

Nurse - Bear
Klefbom - Persson
Russell - Jones

Would be our best option just unlikely to see.
Benning is eternal.

Vader611

Nov 8, 2019
Russel can sit a game and let Jones play. If Jones can channel his inner bear and stick with the team a d group like this is pretty nice! Ship off one of Russel or Benning

Nurse Bear
Klef Persson
Jones Larsson

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Never tried one my self although I have had all the ingredients individually.
Seems like they might play nice.
It is a nice combo, but not something you wanna drink all night, unless you only have a couple.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It is a nice combo, but not something you wanna drink all night, unless you only have a couple.

Yeah...seems pretty rich/sugary.
I dont usually have a mixed drink when I do drink.
I am beer guy more than anything. Euro beer if available.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Any reports on how he's played for Bako?

The guy has great tools for a Dman and played well in limited ice time (then unsurprisingly struggled when played over his head). Really hope he can become a player and doesn't turn into another Marincin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad