Confirmed with Link: Cale Morris signs with IceHogs

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I don't remember anyone in NA that was not in NHL organisation. Darling...?

I was moreso talking about the age thing Blackhawks alluded to. Hell, Crawford wasn't an established goalie till he was 25 (and no I'm not saying Morris will turn into what Crawford became).

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He's 24 years old, its safe to say that odds of him seeing any meaningful NHL hockey are below 1% lol

What? Most goalies develop late... why do you think they're drafted so late? Almost all goalies are 4-5 year+ projects. Crawford was in this organization developing since like 2003. It took him 6 seasons to be the regular starter.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
What? Most goalies develop late... why do you think they're drafted so late? Almost all goalies are 4-5 year+ projects. Crawford was in this organization developing since like 2003. It took him 6 seasons to be the regular starter.

This guy is waaay behind... Crow was in the AHL at 20 years old, how on earth are you comparing the two lol

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
This guy is waaay behind... Crow was in the AHL at 20 years old, how on earth are you comparing the two lol

What in the actual f*** are you talking about?

He became a regular in the NHL at age 26, in 2010-2011 , when he became the starter, and played in 57 games with 55 starts... Crawford took the Juniors and then AHL route. A completely different path to the NHL than Morris. Crow was in the AHL at 20 because he took the Juniors path and not the college path...

Cale Morris is 24 and played his full 4 years of college at Notre Dame. He went the college route, and not the Juniors route to the NHL... so his timeline is pretty f***ing normal.

So wtf are you even talking about at this point? Goalies always take longer to develop, and are always entering the league at 23-26 years old. Unless they're someone like Price... This is common knowledge... apparently only uncommon to you. "Waaay behind." Lol.

"Better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to speak, and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

College players tend to be older, has always been that way. They tend to be more polished because of it.

Crow started in Norfolk not Rockford. He struggled a bit in his for few seasons with a sub .910 save percentage. His first .910 plus season was his 24 year old season.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Relax bro you are gonna explode lol. When was the last a college goalie came out at 24 and made the NHL? AHL is higher than college.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Relax bro you are gonna explode lol. When was the last a college goalie came out at 24 and made the NHL? AHL is higher than college.

:facepalm:

I'm plenty relaxed.

Don't move the goalposts. You said something stupid because you obviously didn't know anything about Morris. Just own it.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Connor Hellebuyck became a starter at age 23 out of college.
Cam Talbot was 26-27 when he broke into the league out of college.
Cory Schneider was 24 when he started playing a somewhat regular workload in the NHL out of college.
Jonathan Quick became a starter at age 23 out of college.
Ben Bishop was 27 when he finally became a regular starter out of college.

Should I continue?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Thatcher Demko is probably the most recent to actually play close to a starter's workload. Looking like he'll have a starter's workload next season at... wait for it... age 25... out of college.

Yep. Cal Petersen just happens to align exactly with Morris's timeline and where they played.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Connor Hellebuyck became a starter at age 23 out of college.
Cam Talbot was 26-27 when he broke into the league out of college.
Cory Schneider was 24 when he started playing a somewhat regular workload in the NHL out of college.
Jonathan Quick became a starter at age 23 out of college.
Ben Bishop was 27 when he finally became a regular starter out of college.

Should I continue?

Hellebuyuck came out of college at 20 years old, how do you not follow what I am saying, I am not saying no one comes out of college and comes to the NHL I am saying at his age of 24. I think you are lagging today, I am not even gonna read the rest since the first example is a total failure.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What post did I move? Please give exact wording.

Your argument was that Morris likely doesn't ever see any meaningful NHL time. You said that it was less than 1% chance, and your justification for that was that he is 24 years old...

Then when challenged on that, because most goalies don't really break into any meaningful NHL games until 24-26 years old... you changed it up to "When was the last a college goalie came out at 24 and made the NHL?"

Then I gave you plenty of goalies that fall around that mark, too.

It's not hard to say "Damn, I guess I was wrong."

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hellebuyuck came out of college at 20 years old, how do you not follow what I am saying, I am not saying no one comes out of college and comes to the NHL I am saying at his age of 24. I think you are lagging today, I am not even gonna read the rest since the first example is a total failure.

Lol. No, you're just doing your typical spinning in circles nonsense when you're caught saying something f***ing stupid.

This is your argument.

He's 24 years old, its safe to say that odds of him seeing any meaningful NHL hockey are below 1% lol

Many, many, many goalies don't see any meaningful NHL hockey... until they're older than 24. It was a stupid statement, when most goalies don't see meaningful NHL games until they're 23-26 years old. ESPECIALLY college goalies. I listed half a dozen former college goalies that did not see meaningful NHL hockey until they were 23-26 years old...

Now when challenged on that... you keep changing up your argument... Lol. And people keep proving you wrong, and you keep doubling, and tripling down on your stupid statement, rather than saying "damn, that was a stupid statement, I was wrong."

Last edited:
Reactions: jls24

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It's always fun to see people arguing with themselves.

So did Norte Dame defensively get worse the last 2 years or was he just not as hot like he was earlier. Obviously he started out with the force of Gilbert on his side

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Lol. No, you're just doing your typical spinning in circles nonsense when you're caught saying something f***ing stupid.

This is your argument.

Many, many, many goalies don't see any meaningful NHL hockey... until they're older than 24. It was a stupid statement, when most goalies don't see meaningful NHL games until they're 23-26 years old. ESPECIALLY college goalies. I listed half a dozen former college goalies that did not see meaningful NHL hockey until they were 23-26 years old...

Now when challenged on that... you keep changing up your argument... Lol. And people keep proving you wrong, and you keep doubling, and tripling down on your stupid statement, rather than saying "damn, that was a stupid statement, I was wrong."

I am saying he’s 24 and still in college and because of that he won’t make it because at 24 he’s still not at a high level like AHL, you can jump around all you want and tell me what I meant but it’s simply stupid to assume what you assumed, why on earth would I say no goalie has come to the NHL at 24, many many MANY goalies have but usually they have been in the AHL brewing for a couple years before they are 24 to make the jump. Talking to you is nauseating, it’s like someone says something and you keep on telling them what they meant because it wasn’t perfectly worded how you wanted it, can anyone stand you in your circle of friends? Lol

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I am saying he’s 24 and still in college and because of that he won’t make it because at 24 he’s still not at a high level like AHL, you can jump around all you want and tell me what I meant but it’s simply stupid to assume what you assumed, why on earth would I say no goalie has come to the NHL at 24, many many MANY goalies have but usually they have been in the AHL brewing for a couple years before they are 24 to make the jump. Talking to you is nauseating, it’s like someone says something and you keep on telling them what they meant because it wasn’t perfectly worded how you wanted it, can anyone stand you in your circle of friends? Lol

Lol.

So because he's 24, and was still in college, he won't ever amount to anything? That's your logic?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

He played in the best junior league in the US for 4 years, until he was 20, at which point he decided he wanted to go to college, and played for one of the best college hockey programs in the entire country, and you think he won't amount to anything, simply because he's 24 years old... :facepalm:

Reactions: jls24

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
He played in the best junior league in the US for 4 years, until he was 20, at which point he decided he wanted to go to college, and played for one of the best college hockey programs in the entire country, and you think he won't amount to anything, simply because he's 24 years old... :facepalm:

What do you think is higher level hockey college or AHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad