Confirmed with Link: Cale Morris signs with IceHogs

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Too bad the world went to crap and he couldn't get an NHL deal after his Senior year wrapped up. Best of luck to him and I hope he sees the NHL in the not-too-distant future.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
For those to lazy to look it up, here are his stats

17-18
37 games played
1.94 goals against average
.944 save percentage

18-19
35 games played
2.19 goals against average
.930 save percentage

19-20
33 games played
2.42 goals against average
.916 save percentage

His numbers have gotten progressively worse each year, though they are still overall very respectable. He is a good guy to take a chance on, and it made way too much sense for him to sign here given our organizational need for goaltending and him spending time at Notre Dame and the Chicago Steel.

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
If he's signing with the Hogs does that make him our property? Or could another NHL team come and sign him straight out of rockford? I have no idea how AHL deals work.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
If he's signing with the Hogs does that make him our property? Or could another NHL team come and sign him straight out of rockford? I have no idea how AHL deals work.

As it stands, no NHL team owns his rights. He is eligible to sign with any other organization. However, I can't ever recall seeing a team sign a player for another team's AHL squad.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Any team could offer him a deal, but I believe the deal is the NHL club of the affiliate always has the chance to match any offer.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Like others said, he can be snatched by other clubs.

But him signing here, with this organization, means he wants to be here.

I feel very secure he'll get a year or two in Rockford and then be handed an ELC from the Hawks. Hell, if he kills it this season, he might be signed to a Hawks contract mid-season.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
He's 24 years old, its safe to say that odds of him seeing any meaningful NHL hockey are below 1% lol

Edit: Some are not understanding this, At 24 someone must have reached a higher level to be projected to reach the NHL, being 24 and still in college just means you are wayyyy behind in your development. I am certainly not saying no goalie makes it to the NHL at 24 as MANY goalies make it there at that age but have been brewing at higher levels for a few years.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad