Value of: Cale Makar to Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
At that point - yes, a conversation with Colorado for Makar in exchange for picks could happen.
They probably still say no. As does he, if he has an NMC.

FWIW - players not old/experienced enough to have achieved unrestricted free agency (age 27 or seven years nhl service) are ineligible for trade or movement protection.

Makar doesn’t have an NMC - not a sign of any lack of commitment on either side’s part, just by rule. He’s 25 and is in his fifth year.

Reactions: bobholly39

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Obvious troll job but even if being realistic and Makar demanded a trade, Calgary is one of the teams that has nothing to land him for a trade.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
right after a hattrick night to boot.
This morning he is likely holds the most trade value in the entire NHL including McDavid.

TropicOfNoReturn

May 30, 2021
I quite literally think there is no amount of picks that would make Colorado trade Makar. I wouldn't if I were them. No amount of futures. Why give up a fortune, one of the best player assets in decades, for lottery tickets, regardless of how many?

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
This deadline season hasn’t been nearly boring enough for this kinda of garbage to surface.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
You traded Adam Fox , should of keeped him

Makar is a franchise player , CGY don't have the assets
Fox told the Flames he was only willing to sign with NY Rangers. He was a college player who could have walked away for nothing and sign wherever he wanted. He was prepared to do that. Don’t forget Carolina also traded him as to not lose him for nothing

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
possible Colorado is preparing to rebuild by June of 2027, so how about his early negotiating rights for your 2027 1st?

Last edited:

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Stromgren, Dansk, and conditional 7th (if Cale scores exactly 95 assists and 1 goal pick transfers to Colorado). 😂.

Flames don’t have the pieces to land Makar. He’s a hall of famer in his prime. It ain’t happening. TBH I saw the thread starter and I’m not surprised by this thread at all. So have fun everyone.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So a team contending for the CUp is going to give up their best, heck one the NHLs best, dman for picks? Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad