Value of: Cale Makar to Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Calgary is getting a lot picks, would those be enough to package and bring the hometown hero back home?
The Flames will be in full rebuild mode next year. Getting Makar would make no sense for them. And I doubt Makar would want to be part of the rebuild.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Win the lottery draft, in a good year. Then - also happen to have acquired the picks of teams who landed #2 and #3 in the lottery that same year.

At that point - yes, a conversation with Colorado for Makar in exchange for picks could happen.
They probably still say no. As does he, if he has an NMC.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
If I’m Colorado I am definitely looking to move my franchise defenseman in the middle of my contention window for a bundle of futures

If I’m Calgary I am definitely looking to give away all my futures to land a player that’s going to make the team way better but no where near good enough to win anything

Very well thought out OP!

Reactions: Kahvi

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
It’s a value and hypothetical sub forum I’ll entertain it. You’re not gonna be happy float an offer. We don’t want to move him. Unless you’re just here to troll

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Next 10 first round draft picks? Nah I'm not sure if that's enough.. add Rasmus Andersson to keep their defense solid?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
If only we had Cal Ritchie. He's such a good prospect he's worth Makar straight up.

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
I’ll offer a signed Daniil Miromanov…. I’ll get back to you with the rest of the package to you in a few hours

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Calgary fan. No way the flames have the pieces. Maybe if they get some top five picks or makar demands out and it's a deadline deal? Right now Calgary has a volume of late 1sts, second round picks, and equivalent prospects.

Calgary has nothing to match his value. If they did then why is Colorado trading makar?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Calgary is getting a lot picks, would those be enough to package and bring the hometown hero back home?
Sounds like you are already in summer mode.

The rest of us are still watching the NHL season wind down and for the playoffs to begin.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
i'm pretty sure he'd have to kill sakic and forsberg before they'd consider this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad