Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
I have a feeling Makar is going to get the Jost treatment, for better or worse. Jost basically had the red carpet rolled out for him.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Was pretty bored at work, if anyone is wondering the breakout of the numbers tweeted by Lambert, here they are

Makar on-ice
GFGA
EV3411
PP253
SH10
EN72
PS00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Makar off-ice
GFGA
EV4132
PP1015
SH21
EN20
PS11
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

There’s no way those numbers can possibly be correct...can they!?? Has UMass really allowed five more goals on the PP than they have scored without Makar? Those numbers would suggest that UMass would be in a completely different situation right now without him.

Reactions: MacBradley

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Was pretty bored at work, if anyone is wondering the breakout of the numbers tweeted by Lambert, here they are

Makar on-ice
GFGA
EV3411
PP253
SH10
EN72
PS00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Makar off-ice
GFGA
EV4132
PP1015
SH21
EN20
PS11
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
The team has allowed more goals on the PP than scored, when Makar isn't on? Lol

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
There’s no way those numbers can possibly be correct...can they!?? Has UMass really allowed five more goals on the PP than they have scored without Makar? Those numbers would suggest that UMass would be in a completely different situation right now without him.
The team has allowed more goals on the PP than scored, when Makar isn't on? Lol
Sorry, my mistake on the way I presented the info. The PP GA is essentially the PK number. So, with Makar on the ice Umass has scored 25 PP goals and have let in 3 PK goals. When Makar is not on the ice, the powerplay has scored 10 times and the penalty kill has given up 15 goals.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I have a feeling Makar is going to get the Jost treatment, for better or worse. Jost basically had the red carpet rolled out for him.

IIRC that was part of the negotiations when Sakic signed him.

Makar can definitely demand NHL minutes, but I have a feeling he cares more about his long-term development and if they think he needs AHL seasoning first, he'll oblige.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Sorry, my mistake on the way I presented the info. The PP GA is essentially the PK number. So, with Makar on the ice Umass has scored 25 PP goals and have let in 3 PK goals. When Makar is not on the ice, the powerplay has scored 10 times and the penalty kill has given up 15 goals.
explain_like_im_five_office.gif

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Just messing with you. Still, those numbers are pretty incredible!

Reactions: klozge

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
I have a feeling Makar is going to Landy/Mack it. Aka be a stud in his rookie season. If he doesn't that's fine but my gut says he's gunna be up for the Calder.

I tend to agree, but I don't want that to be the expectation for him coming in. I think the lofty hopes the Avs had for Jost went to his head a little. And they have similar personalities--hard-working, dedicated, insanely loyal, the kinds of Toews intangibles that coaches and front offices go nuts for, so I can see them treating him with the same approach.

It's not really a criticism; it only becomes a problem if Makar can't live up to those expectations right away.

Reactions: Foppberg

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Im keeping my expectations as low as humanly possible lol that way when he meets/surpasses them i'll be ecstatic.
Yeah for sure, I'm not going to crucify the kid if he isn't in the running for the Calder, I'll be fine if he has a Girard esque rookie season, or just shows flashes of his potential while he figures out the NHL. But my gut screams that he'll have a McAvoy/Werenski esque impact.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah as long as the kid is in the NHL I wont be disappointed with whatever season he has, I really dont want to see him in the AHL though as I think at this point he needs NHL action plain and simple.

But I have those same sneaking suspicions that this time next year he's a heavy favorite if not running away with the Calder. Quietly think he's capable of a 45-50 point rookie campaign next season.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Aren't you guys glad we got the 4th pick in the draft after that horrific season? Or maybe better put that we were lucky to have Makar fall to us at 4th?

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I mean...I wouldn't be complaining if Miro fallen to us instead, but yeah Makar is looking to have been a great 4th overall pick.

Neither would I. But I think I'm going to be happy with the way it turned out.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Clearly the only acceptable expectation for next season is he & future teammate Hughes/Kakko vying for rookie of the year between eachother. :sarcasm:
Makar would be only the 6th Dman to win it in the last 30 years, and the 3rd in the last 15 years. Only 1 defenceman (Leetch 71) has broken 50 points in the last 30 years and won.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad