Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part II: #OrrIsTheFloor Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Oh chet. Why does it not surprise me to see this coming from you :laugh:
BS Perron won. I'll say it again. BS. But we'll never know because they never post the actual numbers.

I'm not mad that Cale isn't going, it's whatever to me as I don't even watch that crap and he probably could use the break to rest up. But to deny the fans a chance to see a talent like his because you wanted a 4th St Louis player for the hometown is kinda crappy and it sucks for Makar who very much deserved the honor. I just see no way he actually won the vote, with guys like Makar, Toews and even Duchene who are much bigger names to hockey fans who were doing the voting. This kind of voting is a popularity contest casual people are going to vote for the names that know, Perron isn't going to win a popularity contest against the names I mentioned above.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Cale definitely should have been at the All Star Game but whatever. I don't even watch it anymore and probably won't this year.

A little extra rest won't hurt him. He's got a lot of games left to play this year hopefully.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Only 1 player for the Blues is producing at a ppg, and they have 4 guys going?

wat? All-star game continues to become a farce. It’s a dying tradition at this point.

Reactions: Gargamaul

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's definitely disappointing that Cale isn't going, and if it was a perfectly fair process he would absolutely be there, but he's very young and will have many, many more opportunities to get the All-Star treatment. The NHL tipping the scales in favor of the hosting team is disappointing (if unsurprising), but in the long run it's no big deal.

Reactions: katfude

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Only 1 player for the Blues is producing at a ppg, and they have 4 guys going?

wat? All-star game continues to become a farce. It’s a dying tradition at this point.
They always do this with the home team and rightfully so. It’s a revenue generating event. They want to please the home crowd and get as much money spent around that city as physically possible.

If we hosted the all star game I feel pretty confident that Makar and Mikko would be there.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
They always do this with the home team and rightfully so. It’s a revenue generating event. They want to please the home crowd and get as much money spent around that city as physically possible.

If we hosted the all star game I feel pretty confident that Makar and Mikko would be there.

Seems counter intuitive from a big picture standpoint. Would you rather market a 31 year old who by all accounts is having an outlier season, or market a 21-year old superstar defenseman.

I realize it seems like we're being biased here, but there aren't 4 Blues players that deserve an all-star game invite over Makar.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Seems counter intuitive from a big picture standpoint. Would you rather market a 31 year old who by all accounts is having an outlier season, or market a 21-year old superstar defenseman.

I realize it seems like we're being biased here, but there aren't 4 Blues players that deserve an all-star game invite over Makar.
It's exactly what you said there aren't 4 St Louis players that deserve it over Makar. And factor in that Hughes made it for his division, there is absolutely no way he shouldn't be there. Stupid shit by the NHL on that one.

The thing is I don't care about the game itself. But I feel bad for Makar, he has worked his butt off, to show he not only belongs but it's one of the best in the game. It probably would have been a big deal to him. But I guess the NHL didn't want one of their biggest rising young stars there and preferred having another aging mediocre Blues player there instead.

Reactions: ibengals

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Scotty Bowman was interviewed on hockey central today, he was talking about players and the today's NHL and stuff, when he was asked about players and he talked about d-men, the 1st d-man he mentioned was Makar and how he's impressed with the way he plays

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Scotty Bowman was interviewed on hockey central today, he was talking about players and the today's NHL and stuff, when he was asked about players and he talked about d-men, the 1st d-man he mentioned was Makar and how he's impressed with the way he plays
This statement is made way to early in terms of Makar's impact on the NHL. But for me, it seems like his mind is his best attribute, followed by his skating and then is passing and shot.

He does remind me of the professor in that regard. I just think it's way to early to start using that analogy to describe his game.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This statement is made way to early in terms of Makar's impact on the NHL. But for me, it seems like his mind is his best attribute, followed by his skating and then is passing and shot.

He does remind me of the professor in that regard. I just think it's way to early to start using that analogy to describe his game.
Well I'm just glad Bowman mentioned Makar because he coached Lidstrom and maybe Makar reminds him of Nick a little bit who knows.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Well I'm just glad Bowman mentioned Makar because he coached Lidstrom and maybe Makar reminds him of Nick a little bit who knows.
Lidstrom is an all-time great dman, but I actually see Larionov's game in Makar when he is controlling the breakout. Cale just thinks offense like a center when he's in control. It's amazingly fun to watch.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That goal last night was a damn clinic. It takes a special talent for someone to somehow disguise that shot, maneuver enough to get it past the screens, and pick the perfect lane to get it in. Jones was by no means great last night, but no one could blame him for that one.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
That goal last night was a damn clinic. It takes a special talent for someone to somehow disguise that shot, maneuver enough to get it past the screens, and pick the perfect lane to get it in. Jones was by no means great last night, but no one could blame him for that one.

That's the kind of shot where your PDO regresses. Should have saved the goal for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad