Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part II: #OrrIsTheFloor Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
He means in the sense that he is drafted by us and will hopefully blossom into the best defenseman this team ever developed.
I thought that's what he likely meant, and then he said he was drunk lol

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Last nights game was awesome, loved to seem him drop Hertl in the corner with ease.
I thought it was Meier but I might be wrong. Yeah he showed his physical side last night along with his skills and skating. I knew he had a good wrist shot from the point but the last few games he showed that it is actually great. When he learns to hit the net a bit more there will be a lot of rebounds for the guys in front and IMO he will get quite a few goals that way as well.

Give him the same amount of games in the NHL than Heiskanen and I believe he will be better. Heiskanen might be better defensively but Makar will be overall IMO.

Fantastic player. Mack and Makar make that team so much fun to watch.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Thought he had a few hiccups on the defensive side last night, but my god is he a weapon on offense. The mistakes he made weren't even big mistakes, I just find he needs to work on his gap control when defending the rush. He can close so quickly that he gives them a little too much room.

His vision is absolutely insane. I see him make a pass where it looks like no one is even near it, and it hits someone right on the tape. Incredible. He's going to challenge for the Calder next season, no doubt in my mind.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Burning a year of his ELC could turn out to be a great move because, I know we're only 7 games in, if he keeps this up we'll want to lock him down long term before he completely takes over.

I realized this morning, everyone praises McAvoy for what he was able to do coming onto the Bruins in the playoffs and getting 3 assists in 6 games.

Makar has 1 goal and 4 assists in seven games.

Reactions: MacBradley

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Burning a year of his ELC could turn out to be a great move because, I know we're only 7 games in, if he keeps this up we'll want to lock him down long term before he completely takes over.

I realized this morning, everyone praises McAvoy for what he was able to do coming onto the Bruins in the playoffs and getting 3 assists in 6 games.

Yep. We can actually sign Makar to an 8 year extension next summer if both sides wanted to.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

It won't save us money because if they try to cheap out on Cale's longterm contract, he'll just take a bridge deal unless he would've been willing to take a hometown discount anyway :dunno:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I didn’t know that. They used to allow it. Davidson once wore 00 I believe. Others have worn 0.

Something about it messing up the stats tracking at the time I've heard, but I don't get how that doesn't seem to affect basketball and baseball, where that number is allowed. But NHL players are only allowed to pick between 1-98.

I still think it's kinda weird they retired 99 everywhere. What's wrong with someone not in LA or Edmonton wearing it?

Anyway, sorry if I'm derailing this discussion. He was once again brilliant alongside Sammy. Had a couple mistakes here and there, but he's been ridiculously better than any of us had a right to expect.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It won't save us money because if they try to cheap out on Cale's longterm contract, he'll just take a bridge deal unless he would've been willing to take a hometown discount anyway :dunno:

I think there will be some of both in this... The Avs are going to have to pay for potential here. There is not a single way around it. Even if Makar only hits 35-40 points next season, they are going to have to reference the top RFA deals. Whatever McAvoy gets is likely what Makar gets regardless... and in reality it is probably best to go for that path.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
I think there will be some of both in this... The Avs are going to have to pay for potential here. There is not a single way around it. Even if Makar only hits 35-40 points next season, they are going to have to reference the top RFA deals. Whatever McAvoy gets is likely what Makar gets regardless... and in reality it is probably best to go for that path.

No way around it just pay him the money and he can share a bit with underpaid Mack.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Just re-sign Meloche and Timmins and trade Makar for Gabe Vilardi.

As you can see, Vilardi is pumped about becoming a Future Av, gettin' ready to ride into Denver in style.

tenor.gif

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
According to my math, Avs will be forced to trade him in 2027 because they can't afford to keep him around. Perhaps it's best to save ourselves the hassle and just get it over with this off season.

I thought we'll have lots of cap room after Rants demands a trade. Rantanen will be tired of carrying the first line after MacK demands out in three years.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
All you can do is chuckle. Steps right out of College into playoff hockey and is basically providing the Avs with the production of a 60 point defenceman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad