Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part II: #OrrIsTheFloor Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If Cale gets pissed off he didn't get a contract just so the Avs could protect Compher. And Cale decides to play another two years in the NCAA then hit UFA after college. That is horrible asset management.

That simply isn't how Makar was raised and isn't how that family operates. Makar would not ditch the organization over 2-3 games for a logical reason.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Expansion draft be darned! McAvoy came into the league straight into the playoffs and had 3 points in 6 games.

If management thinks he is ready and Bednar has a spot for him sign him up!
Apples and oranges. BOS didn't have to deal with an XD when it comes to McAvoy. If there wouldn't be an XD I would be the first in line to say screw the ELC, sign him now and play him the rest of the playoffs.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Makar seems to get an unreal amount of breakaways for a defenseman. Doesn't seem like something that would translate to the NHL but I think he'll be deadly at jumping into the rush.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
He is going to change this franchise from playoff pretender to cup contender, possibly as soon as next year. He is going to completely transform the dynamic of our Defense.

We're going to have our first legit, elite #1D this franchise has seen in a very, very long time.
I never like to speak like that before he even has played a game .. But he has me very excited.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Awesome. Next up is the national championship and then hopefully an NHL contract. Have the Kroenke jet fueled up and waiting in Buffalo.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I never like to speak like that before he even has played a game .. But he has me very excited.

Yeah I almost never speak this highly of a prospect... But Makar is just something else.

Such a ridiculously dynamic player and with a good head on his shoulders that will only make the transition from College to NHL hockey even easier for him.

No question he belongs in the Gaudreau/Eichel tier of Hobey Baker winners and he'll be a game changer like those guys in the NHL very quickly.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I really like his personality. So down to Earth, calm, well spoken. It's hard to explain but special players like Gretzky and McDavid have special demeanor in interviews and Makar has it too. It's like they know they have to be a role model for others.

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad