Prospect Info: Cale Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippy11

We have a Hulk
Jun 2, 2015
I prefer him starting in the A rather than 3rd pairing in mtl. A first pairing of Leskinen-Fleury in Laval!
Am I missing someone?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I prefer him starting in the A rather than 3rd pairing in mtl. A first pairing of Leskinen-Fleury in Laval!
Am I missing someone?

I have Leskinen-Fleury as our 3rd pair in MTL to start the season.

Chiarot can join Alzner in Laval.

Reactions: DangerDave

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
is fleury that good ? I haven't had a decent enough sample size to have an informed and confident opinion, but he looks good out there. He really does. Seems to pick his moments pretty well.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
is fleury that good ? I haven't had a decent enough sample size to have an informed and confident opinion, but he looks good out there. He really does. Seems to pick his moments pretty well.
He's been very good against AHL-level competition so far. We'll see towards the end of the camp how he looks in an environment approximating that of an NHL game. So far he seems more polished than Brook and perhaps capable of challenging Folin for a #6 slot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vachon23

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Fleury is showing potential to be a no.4 D, Petry is a solid no.3 D. Unless Fleury shows offence, he will not be 3D material. But happy with his play for sure.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Fleury is showing potential to be a no.4 D, Petry is a solid no.3 D. Unless Fleury shows offence, he will not be 3D material. But happy with his play for sure.

Long term I see Brook slotting higher than Fleury but Fleury is ahead right now. Very solid so far. Yes, let's see how he does with higher competition.

Too bad about Juulsen, maybe he gets back on track but nice to see Fleury step up into this role. Got a real shot at the no 6 spot.

Reactions: dralaf

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I wouldn't count on that happening any time soon

I'm not counting on anything. I'm just going by what I see on the ice.

It's happened before that we brought in a vet and after a handful of games it was clear it didn't work out. Ex Weise, Bryan Allen. Chiarot will get a longer leash. But ultimately his play will dictate his playing time.

Reactions: 417

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Might be our most underrated prospect. He has better upside than most think.

I seem to have underrated him coming into preseason. Looking forward to getting more of a feel for his ceiling.

How good can he be offensively? Defensively? Could he be a top 4? Could he be a number 2?

I have no answers to these questions. But he ckearly at least has very good bottom pair potential.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Petry will not be traded, fleury will go in the AHL, it's ok to go with youth and speed, but not so fast

Well right now it's between Folin and Fleury for the bottom pair rd spot, until Juulsen is ready. The Petry extension decision only needs to be made two full seasons ahead from now (May 2021).

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I have Leskinen-Fleury as our 3rd pair in MTL to start the season.

Chiarot can join Alzner in Laval.
Ideally, this is what we'd go with. No way does Chiarot sit to start the year though seeing as he's MB's big acquisition this summer. I think we'll see both in the NHL this year with Cale maybe even cracking the lineup opening night.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
He seems to be a more mobile and offensively gifted version of Emelin. Really surprised and happy with his progression. I think he has a lot of potential. I hope if he continues to impress they will give him chances to move up the lineup and log more minutes as he goes and not limit him.

Reactions: dralaf

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
How sad is that... :laugh:

:(

drum-roll.png

Summer 2017, we are happy to present our BIG UFA signing....KARL ALZNER!
Summer 2018, we are happy to present our BIG UFA signing....MATTHEW PECA!
Summer 2019, we are happy to present our BIG UFA signing....BEN CHIAROT!

I can barely contain my excitement...:scared::scared:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: