Calder Watch & Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
Or maybe Barzal is a negative player, has four times as many giveaways as Hischier, plays no PK as a fast skater, hits and blocks less, and his team is resting soon because he couldnt help in the other end.

Its okay, Hischier being better doesnt mean Barzal is bad. Just defensively

This proves Barzal is bad at defense? Has more takeaways than Hirschier and 6 less blocked shots.

Great hot takes again.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Hischier is two years younger, hes already better than Barzal so im not worried about that. When Barzal learns how to play defense maybe he can be in Hischiers tier
While I have no doubts that Hischier will be a better player in a few years, you’re making yourself look incredibly stupid. Had my doubts about Barzal but no discrediting what he’s done this year, trophy is his easily.

However I will say, none of the other rookie forwards have made the same kind of impact on their team as Nico has. Top line minutes on a playoff (hopefully) team, while being one of the best defensive centers in the entire league. 51 points with essentially no PP time. This kid is incredible, and it honestly does not bother me at all that someone else wins rookie of the year. From this rookie class, Nico will be the best player.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I am having tough time deciding who should be the other two nominees but I think I'd go Barzal, Connor and Keller.

Barzal is the obvious winner, Connor could likely hit 30 goals and Keller because younger than both those guys but he's put up 63 points as well.

Connor could be swapped out for a guy like McAvoy because of his lower point totals.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I am having tough time deciding who should be the other two nominees but I think I'd go Barzal, Connor and Keller.

Barzal is the obvious winner, Connor could likely hit 30 goals and Keller because younger than both those guys but he's put up 63 points as well.

Connor could be swapped out for a guy like McAvoy because of his lower point totals.

It's just too bad Boeser and McAvoy got injured. Quite the exciting rookie crop.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
I'd think so too, but my gut tells me it'll be closer than you think

I think Barzal because hes already well above it in his rookie year. That said if hischier doesnt hit 70 next year id be surprised if he didnt in his 3rd season

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
who's more likely to hit 70 next year, nico or barzal?

Once you are a 80 pt player, you are always a 80 pt player, if Barzal hits this mark in his last remaining 3 games. Normally rookie players improve from their first season. I would expect this for Nico as I would for Barzal. But having a proven 80 point player at the age of 20 is quite luxury knowing that potential already equals proven ability.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
So is Boeser suddenly ineligible because he got injured? If he was healthy he'd be closing in on 40 goals about now and this Keller and Kyle Connor nonsense wouldn't even be discussed.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
So is Boeser suddenly ineligible because he got injured? If he was healthy he'd be closing in on 40 goals about now and this Keller and Kyle Connor nonsense wouldn't even be discussed.
It's the same with anyone that gets injured for any award. Just the way it works. He'll still probably get a finalist spot though. It's pretty much a mess after Barzal due to the Boeser/McAvoy injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad