Calder Watch & Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
now the next question is will he be a PPG player in his rookie season... the goal for 82 in 82 is CLOSE!!!!... I wouldn't doubt if he hits 82 points tonight... gonna be a 3 point night for him today

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
What a season for Mat Barzal. I never ever expected 80 points not even when he was tearing it up in Janurary. Almost all rookies hit a wall but he never did. Just shows how consistent Barzal was this season.

Axel

Mar 19, 2013
Barzal with 2 goals and 1 assist so far tonight guaranteeing a PPG year for him...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

I bet if someone asked Coach Q the same thing about DeBrincat he would have said something possibly similar -

question asked to Q - "Coach, how about the year Alex DeBrincat has had, where do you think he should be ranked for the Calder?"

Coach Q replies " yeah he has been good, his talent has really shined this year, we played him with Bowma and Wingles for the first 3 months because we felt he needed to earn his ice-time...even though he kept scoring goals somehow playing with pylons, I figured he still had more to "prove" to this team and kept playing him under 14 minutes a night consistently. I also forgot to play him on the power play almost 10 games this year, and another 28 games under 2:00 minutes of power play time...and somehow he is close to the lead in goals for rookies."

sounds about right...

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Barzal cant play defense, except all of his stats show he knows how to play defense, especially for a rookie.

Top 2 in possession metrics on the Isles all season in a non sheltered role. If having the puck is the best measure for good defence. Barzal has passed the test with flying colours. Best 5 v 5 player on the Isles.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I bet if someone asked Coach Q the same thing about DeBrincat he would have said something possibly similar -

question asked to Q - "Coach, how about the year Alex DeBrincat has had, where do you think he should be ranked for the Calder?"

Coach Q replies " yeah he has been good, his talent has really shined this year, we played him with Bowma and Wingles for the first 3 months because we felt he needed to earn his ice-time...even though he kept scoring goals somehow playing with pylons, I figured he still had more to "prove" to this team and kept playing him under 14 minutes a night consistently. I also forgot to play him on the power play almost 10 games this year, and another 28 games under 2:00 minutes of power play time...and somehow he is close to the lead in goals for rookies."

sounds about right...

Of course a coach will pump his players up, but Hynes isn’t wrong. Nico has been tremendous defensively, which is unheard of for a 19 year old.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Of course a coach will pump his players up, but Hynes isn’t wrong. Nico has been tremendous defensively, which is unheard of for a 19 year old.
I am not saying Hynes is wrong, I am making fun of Q and how pathetic his handling is of DeBrincat who somehow managed almost 30 goals IN-SPITE of absolute incompetence from his coach...hopefully that was understood when I listed Q's massive fails with the kid...good for Nico, he has played well, he doesn't deserve top 3-4 consideration in my eyes, but I have no problems with a coach pumping the tires of his young star player.

member 290103

with the weight of the world on his shoulders, Barzal wins it, hands down.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I am not saying Hynes is wrong, I am making fun of Q and how pathetic his handling is of DeBrincat who somehow managed almost 30 goals IN-SPITE of absolute incompetence from his coach...hopefully that was understood when I listed Q's massive fails with the kid...good for Nico, he has played well, he doesn't deserve top 3-4 consideration in my eyes, but I have no problems with a coach pumping the tires of his young star player.

Ahhh I get you.

Yeah I don’t think he will get top 3 votes and that is fair.

This also isn’t even the craziest thing Hynes said to this question. He thinks Nico is going to win multiple Selke trophies in his career.

Reactions: AmericanDream

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
So is Boeser suddenly ineligible because he got injured? If he was healthy he'd be closing in on 40 goals about now and this Keller and Kyle Connor nonsense wouldn't even be discussed.

Is Fleury your Vezina winner?

member 290103

It has been proposed here that no other players in professional sport has more weight on his shoulders than Matt Barzal. It has been said that the entire fanbase is relying on him to bring back the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad