Calder Finalists: Kaprizov, Robertson, Nedeljkovic

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
No surprise Ned is here. He's on the third axis of transcendence right now. Alex Nedeljkovic moves in anti-planar reality (or prime-planar reality, shouts to my qmech nerds who really buy Frisch-Hayes.) While goalies like Thomas Greiss or Andrei Vasilevskiy see the game from an x and o perspective, Alex has vision of the omega and delta factors surrounding any given hockey event. There's a reason Alex was able to lead Martin Necas to the 2019 Calder Cup. Put simply, Nedeljkovic is visuospatial jazz. Think of Ornette Coleman or Buddy Rich, not Henrik Lundqvist or Tuukka Rask. The dorian stylings of a Eric Dolphy better describe Ned's game than a monotone listing-off of conventional goalie skills. Puck handles? When you're in constant tune with the precise Hz pitch of the ice like Nedeljkovic, English words like "good save" cannot encapsulate even a fractoid of the scientific and metaphysical majesty of Alex.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Shitty for Ned that the day this gets announced he gets benched for Mrazek. It's not like Mrazek will help Carolina score 5v5... But I guess down 2, make the change for the sake of the change?

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Shitty for Ned that the day this gets announced he gets benched for Mrazek. It's not like Mrazek will help Carolina score 5v5... But I guess down 2, make the change for the sake of the change?

I mean, he let in a really, really bad goal in Game 1.

I get your point, but he hasn't been great

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I mean, he let in a really, really bad goal in Game 1.

I get your point, but he hasn't been great

No doubt, man. That was a horrendous goal, especially given the magnitude of the situation. I am a former goalie, so I tend to side with goalies, but when you have back-to-back games by a score of 2-1, there is something else that may need fixing.

Either way, good for Ned to get this nomination, nice for CAR to have him in the future.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I have Ned penciled in at 3. Still though Zero shame being a finalist this season.
Yeah...this is a year where it's more like 1A, 1B, 1C, for me...All really good nominations and any one of them you could make a case for. Unlike some other races in the past.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
It was a bad goal even Ned knows it..
But you're are not going to beat Many teams in this league only scoring one.. Even if you had Hasek. (Prime)

Reactions: DaveG

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
No surprise Ned is here. He's on the third axis of transcendence right now. Alex Nedeljkovic moves in anti-planar reality (or prime-planar reality, shouts to my qmech nerds who really buy Frisch-Hayes.) While goalies like Thomas Greiss or Andrei Vasilevskiy see the game from an x and o perspective, Alex has vision of the omega and delta factors surrounding any given hockey event. There's a reason Alex was able to lead Martin Necas to the 2019 Calder Cup. Put simply, Nedeljkovic is visuospatial jazz. Think of Ornette Coleman or Buddy Rich, not Henrik Lundqvist or Tuukka Rask. The dorian stylings of a Eric Dolphy better describe Ned's game than a monotone listing-off of conventional goalie skills. Puck handles? When you're in constant tune with the precise Hz pitch of the ice like Nedeljkovic, English words like "good save" cannot encapsulate even a fractoid of the scientific and metaphysical majesty of Alex.
This is the best post I’ve ever seen that I don’t understand even a little bit

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
A month or two ago I didn't think Ned had enough games played to get serious consideration, even with his stellar numbers.

Then he kept playing and kept winning, and that was enough to jump into the top 3.

Doubt he racked up more votes than either Kap or Robertson, but nothing wrong with a podium finish. Great rookie season, and he's the only one of the three who's still playing.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Meh, you could have just posted Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn and made your point more succinctly and with less obfuscation.

Reactions: Elysian and Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad