Waived: Cal Peterson Waived

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
even if he sucks, he's expected to suck and he's not being paid $5M to suck yknow?

cal's backbreakers hurt way more because of the expectations, even if villalta lets in more of them, you can brush em off
I get the premise, but it's hard to imagine bringing up an even worse goalie and being ok with the suck just because he gets paid less.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

JeanBlanc

Jul 8, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
Heard the Dec 6 Interview that Eddie Garcia did with Mike McKenna on the Locked on Kings podcast.

Then went and read the article McKenna wrote at the Daily Faceoff on what he's seen in Petersen's game. He discusses the technical problems he sees in Petersen's and Quick's styles. It's not just about confidence or mental work for Petersen.

Saving Cal Petersen - The Kings goalie needs a complete technical overhaul

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Heard the Dec 6 Interview that Eddie Garcia did with Mike McKenna on the Locked on Kings podcast.

Then went and read the article McKenna wrote at the Daily Faceoff on what he's seen in Petersen's game. He discusses the technical problems he sees in Petersen's and Quick's styles. It's not just about confidence or mental work for Petersen.

Great find and interesting read. I love these specific criticisms to help further understand breakdowns I didn't know before.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

So essentially Petersen needs an exorcism because he is missing all the fundamentals

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

This guy McKenna is very articulate and has good insights.. its no bs

Reactions: King'sPawn

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I still wonder if losing dusty imoo has been the issue. He did seem like a goalie whisperer, just had some very un pc views suposedly.
I think everyone should be evaluated based on their social media posts and likes. Its a true representation of who you are and what talents you have. Edit: its sad in this day age i have to add /sarc

Reactions: KINGS17

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I think everyone should be evaluated based on their social media posts and likes. Its a true representation of who you are and what talents you have. Edit: its sad in this day age i have to add /sarc

Yeah but if you are in a position like that you have to be a little sensible too. Its a shame the situation wasnt handled better.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Yeah but if you are in a position like that you have to be a little sensible too. Its a shame the situation wasnt handled better.
I would agree if he did it after being hired but It happened before he was employed. They shouldve vetted him better... its weak to dump him due to things he did before he was employed... none of them being against the law - and just some personal opinions.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I would agree if he did it after being hired but It happened before he was employed. They shouldve vetted him better... its weak to dump him due to things he did before he was employed... none of them being against the law - and just some personal opinions.

Yeah, perhaps he could have owned and apologised for it and management could have done things differently. I cant really remember how it unfolded. Just a shame to lose a talented guy.

edit.. Did he choose to leave LA for a Russia gig, or was he shown the door? His non pc stuff was made more obvious with the leafs gig that got canned.

Last edited:

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Reactions: steepdrop

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
The last thing we need is someone who not only believes they are superior, but wants the world to know it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00