Waived: Cal Peterson Waived

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
giphy.gif

...Now the defense... And hopefully a new goaltender...

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I can sense 3 new acquisitions in the next 48 hours... hold on..

giphy.gif

https%3A%2F%2Fpucksandpitchforks.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2017%2F07%2F16020168-850x560.jpeg

125_big_bc8fa826da.png

3b22ae33767206ec51d575f8394516ff-cropped.jpeg

Blackwood for cheap; Gavrikov and Olivier for whoever.

Reactions: Mcsorley47

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Poor Cal gets the goat's horns for last night. What's LA going to do bring Vallalta in. He'll get destroyed same as any other Goaltender they bring in. Maybe they bring in David Hrenak or Lukas Parik or Jacob Ingham what do they have to lose. Or better yet bring Juho Markkanen over here and have him play a week in Ontario then bring him up. Christ knows the Kings need more prospects on the "Farm"

Reactions: jgs and kinghock

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I can sense 3 new acquisitions in the next 48 hours... hold on..

https%3A%2F%2Fpucksandpitchforks.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2017%2F07%2F16020168-850x560.jpeg

Last I heard, Blackwood was only informally skating and seemed like he'd need a few more weeks before getting game action. Devils will be in a weird spot since Jonathan Bernier might get cleared in the next month but I'm not sure I'd want to count on his hip holding up. Akira Schmid's had a nice cameo this season but I'm not sure I'm ready to run with him as the NHL backup this season.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Last I heard, Blackwood was only informally skating and seemed like he'd need a few more weeks before getting game action. Devils will be in a weird spot since Jonathan Bernier might get cleared in the next month but I'm not sure I'd want to count on his hip holding up. Akira Schmid's had a nice cameo this season but I'm not sure I'm ready to run with him as the NHL backup this season.
Does Blackwood have some sorta Covid restriction?

Cal has sucked. No doubt about it. But they realize they had already given up 5 goals before he came in last night? Scapegoating Cal isnt gonna solve all the issues but you gotta start somewhere I suppose.

I don't think this is about last night. His confidence is clearly shot. I don't see any harm in seeing if he can his game together in the A. If he can't then they've got a few serious problems to address.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Poor Cal gets the goat's horns for last night. What's LA going to do bring Vallalta in. He'll get destroyed same as any other Goaltender they bring in. Maybe they bring in David Hrenak or Lukas Parik or Jacob Ingham what do they have to lose. Or better yet bring Juho Markkanen over here and have him play a week in Ontario then bring him up. Christ knows the Kings need more prospects on the "Farm"
They cannot bring in Lukas Parik

He does not have contract with Kings or Reign

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Does Blackwood have some sorta Covid restriction?

Not that I'm aware of, I think he got vaccinated last year in order to be considered for the Canadian Olympic team before the NHL pulled out. He had a bum foot last year and then tweaked his MCL making a save last month. But he can be frustrating, like he's either awesome or awful.

If it were me, I'd still keep Blackwood as an insurance policy despite Vanecek's strong play. But definitely a weird mix if the doctors clear Bernier. The past few Devil seasons got undermined with goalie injuries, so I'm a bit paranoid to deal one (without a replacement).

Amusing anecdote that I stumbled on from the 1999-00 season was Florida. Prior to that season, they acquired Trevor Kidd to be their new starter. Kidd got off to a hot start. Florida thought they could save some payroll by trading (now backup) Sean Burke. They shipped Burke off to Phoenix for Mikhail Shtalenkov. Kidd then messed up his shoulder during a league mandated skills competition to promote the All-Star game.

Shtalenkov pooped the bed and Florida had to make a panic trade for Mike Vernon. Kidd came back towards the end of the season but wasn't the same.

Reactions: KingsHockey24

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Cal's had one good start this year, a few mediocre starts and a complete disaster otherwise. Quick hasn't been great, but Quick is also gone next year. This is year 1 of Cal's extension.

Reactions: Little Psycho

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
i feel like this had been coming for a while. Like most have said his confidence is gone. But when he gave up the beer leaguesque goal of off his blocker straight up in the air and off his body and in goal, that's not following fundamentals and following the puck with your eyes.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Bombs away.
So Gavrikov solves the LD need the Kings have. And then at season's end he's a UFA. The Kings need to move some bodies for sure. I like Mighty Mite Lizotte but he has to go he gets mauled every game. Lemieux has been replaced by JAD. Edler might as well be 55 though I like his size. The 4 RD experiment has got to go. Maybe its time for 3rd line duties for Kopitar? Having said that who plays 1C? Iafallo is expendable since Vilardi and Moore need raises at season's end unless the Cap goes up by 7-8 M! Same goes for Anderson who's trying to gain more value by scoring more. How about being more of the shut-down D-man the Kings need that in spades. Roy and Walker though I like them will be UFA's in 2024 need to be swapped for something,draft choices,not anymore prospects for the love of Pete. Blake created this clusterF...and by George or by the door something will be done on Earth as it is in Hell

i feel like this had been coming for a while. Like most have said his confidence is gone. But when he gave up the beer leaguesque goal of off his blocker straight up in the air and off his body and in goal, that's not following fundamentals and following the puck with your eyes.
It was a Beer League game disguised as an NHL game

Attachments

• NEASE (Hot Seat)hor.jpg
    NEASE (Hot Seat)hor.jpg
    648.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: fivehole32

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Agree, Quick is not much better now.
Terry Sawchuk,Bernie Parent or for you youngans Martin Brodeur would not have fared any better. Actually they'd be a step away from the nut-house after some of the games Quick and Petersen have played behind our abysmal Defense. Defense starts with Everyone not just a couple of players every now and then! As the famous Mario Lemieux once said its a "garage" League but in reverse. This isn't to say out Goaltending duo has been lights out far from it. Changes will happen ,Blake better be thinking awhile on it cause he's liable to offload some talent for some "stink"

Reactions: Surf Nutz

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Just info from cap friendly
A cap hit of 1,666,667 for four year

A Cal Petersen buyout spans 4 years, has a cost of $4,666,667 and savings of $2,333,333. Petersen is 28 years of age at the time of the buyout; therefore, the buyout ratio is 2/3. With $7,000,000 in salary remaining, the cost is $4,666,667, and the savings are $2,333,333.

Reactions: kinghock

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4