GDT: CAL @ BUF - 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - Goalies for sale!

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
From Granato's comments, they are not looking ahead more than one game regarding the starting goalie.
That is surprising to me. I would think they would want to do some load management for Levi considering how much longer the NHL season is than the college season.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
I wonder if UPL and/or Comrie sit long enough we can send them down to the Amerks for a conditioning stint without exposing them to waivers.

Listen, UPL has saddle sores from sitting too much, and his legs are beginning to atrophy. He can barely stand. Eric Comrie has entered some sort of hibernation state. He built a lair in the laundry room, and he sleeps 16 hours a day. He has drawn a face on his blocker and can be heard having polite conversations with it during his few waking hours.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
In my opinion if you haven't felt the need to turn to one of upl or comrie yet, it's time to move one of them and free up the roster space

I guess the roster space isn't needed quite yet but it will be soon enough
I don't disagree. Problem is, there isn't much of a trade market for goalies of UPL's .... abilities. And if we send either comrie or upl down, there is no way tampa doesn't snag them. Jonas J. played well for them against us, but he still sucks.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
One challenge for Comrie and UPL is the rust that is accumulating.

UPL has not seen game action in 15 days. Comrie has not seen game action in 21 days.

The longer they go without game action, the rustier they are going to get.
If they gave a shit about thaf there wouldn't be two backups in the first place. Neither is ever going to get any kind of a rhythm with both here. Whether they played today or not.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
So VO in it?
200w.webp

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
If they gave a shit about thaf there wouldn't be two backups in the first place. Neither is ever going to get any kind of a rhythm with both here. Whether they played today or not.

No one is talking about getting into a rhythm. With 3 goalies, that's next to impossible.

I'm talking about just not being so rusty that you become the Tin Man.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Give the backup a western conference opponent and get Levi against the Isles and Sens.

You also give Levi the Habs. He grew up in Quebec and should be up for that game

T

Since Levi had yesterday off, he should be good to go tonight.

This is one thing having 3 goalies does, we can give Levi days off on practice days. Manages his workload while not cutting down his time in games

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Takes two to tango. Can't send a goalie someplace if no one wants or has the cap space for a goalie.
Excuses, excuses. There are paths you can take to help with that. We are talking about addressing the backup goalie situation. If the backup situation is considered so dire like the fanbase seems to believe, then you have alternative means to address it if the cap is so tight. Hell, Buffalo has the cap space to be able to help in any situation seeing as we would want to acquire said player on a contract.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
In my opinion if you haven't felt the need to turn to one of upl or comrie yet, it's time to move one of them and free up the roster space

I guess the roster space isn't needed quite yet but it will be soon enough

Carrying 3 goalies may actually make some sense

Instead of limiting Levi's action to 55 games, we can give him off days in practice like we did yesterday. This way, Levi can play 65-70 games while maintaining the same overall work load he was expected to have this year

Reactions: CrazyWayne

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Excuses, excuses. There are paths you can take to help with that. We are talking about addressing the backup goalie situation. If the backup situation is considered so dire like the fanbase seems to believe, then you have alternative means to address it if the cap is so tight. Hell, Buffalo has the cap space to be able to help in any situation seeing as we would want to acquire said player on a contract.
They are not excuses, it is the reality of the situation.

Calgary wants to trade Vladar so they can promote Wolf to the NHL. But, they are having a hard time finding a team that is willing to take on Vladar's $2.2M salary for this season and next season.

No GM can just snap his fingers and make a deal appear.

Carrying 3 goalies may actually make some sense

Instead of limiting Levi's action to 55 games, we can give him off days in practice like we did yesterday. This way, Levi can play 65-70 games while maintaining the same overall work load he was expected to have this year
The problem becomes when they actually want to give Levi a game off, you then have to choose between a goalie that hasn't played in weeks or another goalie that hasn't played in weeks.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
The problem becomes when they actually want to give Levi a game off, you then have to choose between a goalie that hasn't played in weeks or another goalie that hasn't played in weeks.
goalies used to play 70 games. Man up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad