GDT: CAL @ BUF - 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - Goalies for sale!

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Capture.PNG

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Needs to be Levi

Comrie is a backup, nothing more. Given UPL or Comrie the game next Tuesday

Yes, right now Comrie and UPL are the backups. However, you don't want them accumulating too much rust while sitting around watching Levi play all the real games. Also don't want Levi wearing out.

This is the start of a 4-in-6. In an ideal world, IMO, Levi gets 2 of the 4 while Comrie and UPL each get one.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Yes, right now Comrie and UPL are the backups. However, you don't want them accumulating too much rust while sitting around watching Levi play all the real games. Also don't want Levi wearing out.

This is the start of a 4-in-6. In an ideal world, IMO, Levi gets 2 of the 4 while Comrie and UPL each get one.
With Bryson and Comrie/UPL in the lineup, I feel there will be a catch. I'd give this game to Levi, he's fine and had an extra day of rest before Tampa.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It'd be a nice surprise if Samuelsson suits up.

I'm hoping to see the first line build on their momentum they were gaining in the third period last game. I also would like to see Cozens play much better; he's been struggling a ton.

Also, how many minutes are Power and Dahlin playing? I'd like to see Granato reel in their minutes a bit if possible. Obviously, last game was an exception given there were only 5 defensemen playing.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Granato seemed unconcerned with Sammy's "day-to-day" status. Given that we heard nothing after the optional skate yesterday, seems at least plausible that he plays.
I have a love/hate relationship with how tight lipped this management group is. Even in regards to injuries, we don't know much until we are close to game time.

Reactions: Zman5778

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
This seems like the right game to give to a backup. Put Comrie in there
I am torn. We need the points and levi played well last game. I would say give levi the next two starts and then give someone else the Mondayay, Montreal game. Or let Comrie play tonight, Levi on Saturday, and UPL next Monday. Who knows what the coaching staff will do?

Edit - i had the wrong day for the montreal game.

Last edited:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I am torn. We need the points and levi played well last game. I would say give levi the next two starts and then give someone else the Tuesday, Montreal game. Or let Comrie play tonight, Levi on Saturday, and UPL next tuesday. Who knows what the coaching staff will do?

Yeah, I'm torn as well looking at the schedule. I think Levi absolutely needs to play against Ottawa on Tuesday, given how they're a direct competitor to our playoff hopes.

Following that logic, Levi should get Saturday against the Isles as well.

Totally agree that Comrie/UPL should get Monday against Montreal.

That leaves WTF to do tonight. Do we get Levi 3 of the 4? That seems like a lot. I suppose I grit my teeth and give Comrie/UPL tonight.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I am torn. We need the points and levi played well last game. I would say give levi the next two starts and then give someone else the Tuesday, Montreal game. Or let Comrie play tonight, Levi on Saturday, and UPL next tuesday. Who knows what the coaching staff will do?
One challenge for Comrie and UPL is the rust that is accumulating.

UPL has not seen game action in 15 days. Comrie has not seen game action in 21 days.

The longer they go without game action, the rustier they are going to get.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Samuelsson on the ice at morning skate. That's a good sign.
Yesssss! I'm not ready to watch Bryson skate again unless we're in the thick of a west coast trip and need a body quickly. Other than that, I'm hoping R Johnson forces the issue before injuries hit the blueline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad